Create, prototype, collaborate and bring your ideas to life with the widget design platform everyone is talking about.
• Design like you always imagined •
The complete workflow and every part of the app have been designed to give you everything you need to create the best widgets possible.
• Bring your ideas to life •
From pixel-perfect icons to hundreds of data sources Widgy is the perfect tool to design, create, test, and iterate.
• No templates •
This is not another "customize the template" kind of app. You add elements, position them, pick their appearance, and what kind of data they use.
• Fast, powerful, and just the right amount of everything •
Turn your ideas into a stunning reality, faster. Widgy is packed with tools to help you effortlessly design any kind of widget you like.
• Create high-fidelity designs for any screen •
Due to grid design and smart tools, your widget will look great on other devices too.
• Keep everyone in sync •
Share your designs in form of QR code, JSON, or a tiny file.
NOTE: Widgy optionally integrates with Apple Health. This integration is used to display your data if you select one of those widget types. Permission for Widgy to access this data is controlled through the Apple Health app.
As with Health, all other permissions for Widgy are optional and are there just to show you the data you want to be displayed.
• added calendar as a new layer. In future updates, this layer will be able to integrate with your data (calendar and reminders)
• added tap actions as a new layer. You can open web sites or run a Siri shortcut.
• added time without seconds
• layers can now be renamed (leave empty name for an auto name)
• swipe on layer has been replaced with ... menu
• added "transparent background helper tool" so you can have "transparent" widgets on your home screen
• Morning/Afternoon/Evening can now be localized via documents tab
• added AM/PM data source
• you can now tap on size/position numbers in the Frame tab and manually enter the desired values
• added daily/weekly/monthly/yearly progress data sources (both charts and text)
• added blend modes under effects
• added content insets under effects
• added "is dark mode" text data source
• you can now pick a different image for light and dark mode
• instead of having a 3-step toggle, the grid mode icon now shows a menu with separate toggles for wallpaper, grid, and marching ants/selection
• while switching layers, the app tries to stay on the selected tab or closest similar tab
• show hex codes instead of color names in the color picker
• editor on iPad now has a sidebar instead of the bottom bar
• various popup menus have been modernized
• more consistent buttons style across the whole app
• a bit different way of replacing/unassigning Widgy slots
• the in-app purchase screen has been improved to avoid any slot-mixing confusion
• renamed history tab to undo, since some users didn't even know this existed
• editor now remembers the last entered author name and uses it as default for every new widget
• various improvements to Widgy thumbnails - you'll see fewer placeholder images, scrolling should be smoother, and the memory usage should be improved
• Widgy is now compatible with the Mac Catalyst framework, so expect a Mac version of Widgy soon
• minor tweaks to image handling/resizing
• iPad app and Mac app now don't show data sources that don't exist on their platform (for example HealthKit)
• internal code reorganization; resulting in improved memory usage and fewer crashes
• larger dimensions of QR code to try to improve artifacts due to jpg compression destroying some QR codes
• added warning that Tip Jar doesn't unlock the full app
• custom web URL data - if the custom URL is already set and you decide to change the value, the popup will now fill in the previous URL into the text field
• Apple music items now shown last played item, even if that song isn't playing anymore
• various safeguards + error messages regarding importing and exporting
• time ago data source is only shown in chart date format picker
• time since the last reboot now works properly
• if you try to import Widgy from a newer version of the app, you'll get a proper error instead of nothing happening
• QR export with images from the web messed the order of layers, this is now fixed
• QR export with images from the web now uses a different URL shortener service
• no more double fetching of data (once in preview, once in the editor) - data is only fetched once
• fixed a bug where if the user was tapping too fast on layers the app would hang and/or crash
• when assigning a Widgy to a slot, if the user is in low power mode, the app shows a warning that Widgy refresh time will be greater than 15 minutes
• you can't delete Widgy or change the size of Widgy that is currently assigned to some slot
• both Widgy preview and editor show the initial Widgy preview faster
• undo now remembers the size of Widgy
• added size picker while creating a new Widgy
• new default "no image" image
• all layers have thumbnails on their left side
• add "new layer" on bottom of the list now inserts layers at the bottom
• automatic clean-up of the download cache
• added new community widgys
• updated help
Ratings and ReviewsSee All
Those who wait will receive greatness
I have been waiting for a while now to finally make my own 100% customizable widgets. This app is genuinely one of a kind and you will not regret getting it. You have so many options it's like a kid in a candy shop, you can even import others widgy's (check Reddit for some) and rock it yourself. What's not to love about this app. Come on now, the only purchase is more slots, to which I think is very generous on the developer’s part. I’ve been checking to join it’s beta everyday, but now I can make any widget my heart desires! This app surpasses all the widget apps and I couldn’t be more thankful! Thank you Duke and all the helpers!!!!!!!!! I hope your app makes it to #1! 💗
🎯 I finally have an amazing Home Screen
I was skeptical. At first, I only saw Widgys that were geeky, cluttered, or some combination of the two. Most also shared the screen with app icons (which are about as appealing as litter along the side of the road).
However, a few Widgys were different. So, I downloaded some QR codes. The editor took a little getting used to, but in the long run, Widgys were easy to modify. I eventually came up which something that I thoroughly enjoy looking at when I unlock my phone.
u/duke4e, I have one suggestion. You need some screenshots here that show what Widgys look like on a Home Screen. That’s what gets people interested in this app, not the internals of how it works 😬
Best Widget Creator Out There
Widgy completely changed the aesthetics of my Home Screen. The fact that you can create your own widget from scratch and make it look how you want it to look is incredible. Truly the only fully customizable widget creator out there. I am amazed with how intuitive the UI is. Sure, at first I was a bit overwhelmed, but once you start playing around with the app, you’ll get the hang of it and want to keep creating different widgets. Would definitely recommend this app over any other for widget creation.
- Woodsign jdoo
- 30.9 MB
- Graphics & Design
Requires iOS 14.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- Age Rating
- © Woodsign 2020
- In-App Purchases
- Widgy Widget Slots $4.99
- Widgy Tip $0.99
- Widgy Tip $1.99
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.