9 cubes, 54 images, over 10 million combinations and infinite stories. Shake to roll the cubes. Create a story using all 9 face-up images.
Keep all your Rory’s Story Cubes® in one place with the app. The ultimate, mobile storytelling game loved by children, parents and grandparents on the go, creative writers, progressive teachers and games masters.
Included in the app are Rory’s Story Cubes®: Originals and the newly released Rory’s Story Cubes® Mix: Clues, change your story by mixing the cubes. Now you can “Craft tales of Cracking Crime.” Additional sets are now available as in-app purchases.
• Realistic physics - shake to roll the cubes. Move and rotate them as you tell your story. Improved user experience is achieved.
• Your cubes - add to your Rory’s Story Cubes collection. The app now comes with both the Original and Rory Story Cubes® Mix: Clues sets. Other sets available as in-app purchases
• New combinations - generate a random combination of 9 cubes from selected sets.
WAYS TO PLAY
• Have fun with family and friends on the go.
• Play solitaire to stretch your imagination
• A creative way to practise a second language.
Engage children in storytelling to improve their creative skills.
Never fear the blank page; roll Rory’s Story Cubes® to overcome writer’s block.
• Generate colourful characters for your role playing game.
See more ways to play at www.storycubes.com.
- Fixed issue relating to iOS 10 including some sound bugs and camera button crashes. You should be able to save and share your StoryCube rolls.
- The bug with the in app purchase Rory's Story Cubes®: Rescue has now been fixed and is now available for purchase.
Ratings and ReviewsSee All
My regular DM for D&D dropped out, so I had to come up with a quick one shot. I rolled the dice a couple times and from my rolls managed to come up with a great scenario! Super useful for writers or players in a pinch. However, I wish that you didn't have to buy all the different dice sets, or if it was possible to set the dice you want to roll. But, overall, great app I would recommend to anyone looking for story ideas!
Fix the (lack of) randomness please
The dice roller is horribly, horribly biased. Switch to just one die. Press the roll button or shake the device. The die only spins along ONE axis. This means that if by chance it’s laying “on its side” (axis through the screen) you’ll get the exact same result 1000s of times in a row... if by some miracle I can get the dice to change it’s axis it only results in the same four sides over and over again.
This prevented me from using it months ago and still keeps me from using it... randomness is KEY to “dice” and this doesn’t cut it - and you should look into this problem.
The OTHER option that makes this app rather useless to me is that the die itself does’t change to other dice in the active sets... in other words if I set max dice to 1 die and one set I always get the same die - despite there being at least 8 other dice in the set... I want a random die from the selected set each time.
These two MAJOR shortfalls makes a nice looking app very limited and thus - I don’t ever use it.
I have like 5 sets of dice at 9 dice each and six sides per die - that should be 270 possible options, but instead I get six (really four or one depending on the axis the die is stuck on).
Terible Inaccessible Voice Over Support
I love story cubes, but as a visually impaired person I was hoping that this app might allow better access to story cubes that are difficult for me to see. Immediately upon opening the app I discover that the lack of Voice Over support renders my phone useless as there is no touch support at all. Simple voice over support that is standard on all iOS devices is completely ignored. This app is 100% inaccessible to anyone that requires voice over support or who has any type of vision disability. I am very disappointed to see it’s been a couple years since this app has been updated. My search continues for an app like this that supports accessibility.
- Asmodee Digital
- 140.2 MB
Requires iOS 8.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- Age Rating
- © 2009 The Creativity Hub Ltd.
- In-App Purchases
- Voyages $1.99
- Clues $0.99
- Enchanted $0.99
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.