Across the city there are many unique events, community meetups and activities waiting to be discovered. The Peatix app makes finding and then experiencing these great events a simple and straightforward process. Each day, our local teams will curate interesting events and experiences on the Peatix app to keep you informed and connected to the ones you'll love.
With the Peatix app, you can easily:
- Browse and filter through a curated list of the best upcoming events, updated daily.
- Curated lists are organized by category and selected by our local teams.
- Over time, personalized recommendations are added to the curated list to show the most relevant events.
- Additionally, full event database search is available to find specific events.
- Find events from local organizers who use Peatix to sell their tickets.
- Easily purchase tickets to events seamlessly through the Peatix app.
- Additionally, after purchase, transfer and even sell tickets through Peatix’s secondary ticket marketplace.
Check-in at the venue:
- With Peatix, the app is your ticket.
- Check-in is quicker and more convenient through the app.
- Join us in making events more paperless and sustainable.
Download Peatix and start discovering new communities and events to enjoy today.
- In 3.1.16, we've updated the app by
- We have updated the design of the tags on the event page.
- Updated Chinese wording in the app.
- Fixed a bug that caused a list to scroll infinitely
- Fixed small layout bugs
Ratings and Reviews
Confusing flow when having a ticket transferred
When trying to get a ticket transferred, I clicked on a link in the browser to open up the ticket in my app. I was presented with a modal where the primary action was “validate”. I clicked it, read the warning alert, and wasn’t 100% sure if it was saying that Only the ticket owner could validate the ticket, or only the staff could validate it. At any rate I wanted to see my ticket show up on my list. I closed the modal but the list was empty and there was no record of it anywhere in the app. This made me worried, so I went back to the browser to repeat my steps. I figured I must have read the validate modal wrong the first time, and perhaps that it was actually I that had to do that to add it to my list. I did that, and quickly realized no, that just made the ticket unusable. It sill didn’t show up on my list...
After I rebooted the app a couple minutes later it finally showed up in my list. Presumably it wouldn’t show up without going to talk to the server. This was very confusing and frustrating, and now I have no idea if my ticket will be usable.
Developer Response ,
Thank you very much for this comment. We'd very much like to improve the points you've highlighted that we're troublesome, so your description is very helpful.
In regards to the clarity concerning who or when a ticket can be validated, we've released a new version (3.1.13) that provides a clearer description of who can use that button while also deactivating it until it is closer to when it should be used by event staff.
In regards to the ticket transfer flow, your comments are duly noted and we'll hope to improve this experience in the near future. If you have any concerns about if you can still use the ticket you described above, please contact our customer support leading up to your event and we can aim to sort any issues you may have due to the aforementioned actions.
Thank you again very much for this helpful feedback and we hope to address these concerns in a timely manner.
Love the new design!!
Super easy to find events and tickets. Highly recommend
I’m annoyed that I had to install this app just to get my ticket to an event.
- Peatix Inc
- 169 MB
Requires iOS 10.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
English, Japanese, Traditional Chinese
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- © 2012-2018 Peatix Inc. All Rights Reserved.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.