One app for all your parent communication.
Bloomz is the FREE award-winning app that saves teachers lots of time in all parent communications, while creating a supportive classroom community.
“Make your life easier by consolidating all of your communications and coordination with parents.” – WeAreTeachers
“If you’re looking for ways to build relationships with and between families, check out Bloomz!” – The Cornerstone for Teachers
“There’s one app that does it all, it’s called Bloomz.” – Vicki Davis (CoolCatTeacher)
Bloomz makes it easy for teachers to securely share photos, classroom updates and reach parents instantly through messaging, as well as to coordinate events (like PT Conferences) and sign up for volunteers.
Bloomz now supports Student Timelines, a simple & beautiful way to capture and share student-driven portfolios. Students can publish their work by quickly scanning a QR code and annotating their work. Teachers can approve and instantly share with parents on Student's Timelines.
With Bloomz teachers can:
- Post class updates and share pictures, and see who’s viewing them
- Manage events and calendar, with built-in reminders
- Schedule Parent-Teacher Conferences in seconds
- Sign up volunteers in a few easy steps
- Message one or more parents, without sharing their cell phone number
- Send alerts notifications for urgent matters, to both phone and email in one click.
- Invite parents via email or class code for privacy
- Capture & share student-driven portfolios with parents securely via Student Timelines
- Reinforce students’ positive behavior, sharing notes and awards with parents
With Bloomz parents can:
- Sign up FREE and be notified via SMS/TEXT messaging
- Choose between push and email notifications, as well as their frequency
- Read posts in their preferred language with one-click translations (80 languages available)
- Communicate with other parents for play dates, carpooling and more
- New Education Product of 2016 – EdTech Digest
- 2015 Awards of Excellence – Tech & Learning
- The National Parenting Center Seal of Approval
- Top 20 Most Promising K12 Technology – CIO Review
- People’s Choice Award – Stevie Awards
- Best of Show @ ISTE 2016 – Tech & Learning
- Best Website for Teaching and Learning 2016 – American Association of School Librarians (AASL)
Bloomz is always free for teachers, parents and schools. Bloomz may experiment with different premium experiences, while continue to offer both educators and parents a free platform to connect, coordinate and communicate.
The Bloomz Convenience Pack is an easy and quick way to download and share media posted on Bloomz, in full resolution, and without restrictions.* For only $1.67 a month (billed annually at $19.99), parents get photo and video downloads at full resolution on both mobile and desktop, with multiple media selection (including full albums) and unlimited access, even after class is archived. Note: Teachers can always upload unlimited number of photos and/or videos to share with parents at no cost.
* Your subscription is effective for 1 calendar year starting with your purchase. Your iTunes account will be charged at confirmation of purchase and automatically renews at the then current price, unless auto-renew is turned off at least 24-hours before the end of the current period. You can turn off auto-renew at any time from your iTunes account settings, and you can cancel any time by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org. You can ask for a refund within the first 15 days as long as no content has been downloaded after payment. Prices shown are in U.S. dollars. Other restrictions apply.
Follow us on:
Thank you for your continued LOVE for Bloomz. This release fixes crash issue occurring in iOS 10, customer reported issues and also other enhancements. Hope you will LOVE this app even more... Please upgrade to this version and write to us at email@example.com on any further improvements.
Ratings and Reviews
Excellent way to communicate with families
I’ve used Bloomz for a few years and this year I decided to pay and upgrade. I love it and recommend it to my fellow teachers. It’s fairly easy to use, once you test it out and get the hang of it. It allows for immediate ways to get in touch with parents- either with a text message or through reminders. Events on the calendar can be set for an automatic reminder which relieves me from trying to send out constant reminders each time. With the text message feature, personal info is confidential and it’s all through the app, which allows for more immediate communication without revealing too much personal information. And the parents have responded positively as well- to the photos and updates posted, reminders, and being able to get in contact with one another through the app. All inclusive! Highly recommend!
I’ve been using Bloomz for my son’s class since September 2018. It is my first experience with a classroom app and I have to say that I’m not too impressed. It seems glitchy and not very intuitive. I have badge notifications that seem to take days and days to finally go away after I’ve seen any updates. This alone drives me crazy! When I see a notification badge I end up searching all through the app to find something new, alas it’s all old news. Then magically a day or 3 later the badge will finally disappear. I’m always left wondering if I’ve missed something important from the teacher or another parent.
My other issue is that I get notified for every little “like” and “comment” on a post, yet when someone posts photos, there’s no notification. Nothing. Crickets. I’ve recently just stumbled upon some fun pics of my son from October that I had never seen. I’ve also been the main poster of photos for the class and I am 100% certain that no one has seen them. So now I’m wondering that if I post class photos, do I then have to separately send a class-message informing parents to head to the media section to see pics of their kids? Seems very silly and redundant when it could be a simple badge when anything new in any part of the app has been added. I could go on and on. I do like some features, but it could be a LOT better.
On their way up!
As a previous user of Remind and Class Dojo, there are a few things I really love on Bloomz! However, there is still much to be desired.
The perks? Uploading multiple pictures is incredibly convenient! I love the sign-up feature whenever I’m having a class party. The ability to differentiate between a permanent post vs. temporary announcement has been really convenient. Also, Setting up parent conferences was a breeze with the sign-up feature! Unfortunately, there was a glitch a week before conferences and 2/3 of my times were deleted.
That brings me to the other features that are lacking. I still occasionally get a notification bubble when there are none. On the website, I cannot consistently access my messages, as I can often only see the screen that “teaches” me the conveniences of their messaging system. The overall app is not as user friendly as other messaging systems. The BIGGEST issue I have is that the parents names are not visually connected to all of my students names. I have 34 students, there is no way I have all of their parents’ names memorized, so I would greatly appreciate it if the app was updated so students’ names were visible with all parents’ names when messaging and/or signing up parents. I’m looking forward to seeing how this app improves!
- Bloomz Inc
- 127.7 MB
Requires iOS 8.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- © 2018 Bloomz Inc.
- In-App Purchases
- Bloomz Convenience Pack $19.99
- Bloomz Teacher Premium $59.99
- Bloomz Year-End Pack $12.99
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.