*** For a short time, you can save on all purchases. ***
SnipNotes is your clever notebook on the Mac, iPhone, iPad, and Apple Watch. Capture new ideas right in the menu bar and create styled text notes with images. Quickly add content from other apps with Drag & Drop or save your clipboard automatically. Access your notes from anywhere with the versatile menu bar app. Organize your notes with nested categories and a large collection of icons.
-- Create Notes Your Own Way --
• Create styled text notes with images and a variety of formatting options
• Open SnipNotes in the menu bar with a customizable keyboard shortcut and capture new ideas right away
• Save content from websites and other apps with Drag & Drop or the share sheet
• Capture the contents of your clipboard automatically in the background
• Save selected text with a customizable keyboard shortcut
-- Quick Access From Anywhere --
• Use the menu bar app or the today widget to quickly access your notes, copy them into your clipboard and much more
• Access your notes offline on all devices (including Apple Watch)
-- Note Actions Will Save You Time --
• Integrate SnipNotes with other apps using Shortcuts. You can create notes, append text, search notes, and more
• SnipNotes can automatically recognize the contents of your note and provide relevant information, e.g. show addresses on a map
• Each content type is linked to a useful action: For example, you can create a calendar event from a date, navigate to an address with Apple Maps and open weblinks in Safari
-- Always Keep Track Of Your Notes --
• SnipNotes provides an inbox and an archive for your notes. You can also create multiple levels of your own categories for even better organization
• The flexible search feature will highlight all matching text. You can also search notes right from your desktop with Spotlight
• Select multiple notes and move them into another category, export or delete them in one go
-- SnipNotes Matches Your Taste --
• Notes can be customized with a variety of formatting options (checkboxes, lists, colors, headlines and much more)
• Design your notes with a huge, searchable collection of glyphs for easy recognition
• SnipNotes offers ten different color schemes and a dark mode
• Many parts of SnipNotes can be customized to suit your work style
SnipNotes is a note-taking app without subscriptions nor ads.
Notes are synchronized to your private iCloud account. SnipNotes protects your privacy and does not collect any analytics data.
You can find more information about SnipNotes on www.snipnotes.de. If you encounter any issues or have questions, please get in touch with me. I reply personally to every email (email@example.com). You can also reach me on Twitter (@SnipNotesApp).
- Several shortcut actions generated an error message during execution.
- A few crash issues have been resolved.
If you encounter any problems with this update or have feedback, please send me an email or a message on Twitter. Please also consider a rating or a review on the App Store. Thank you!
Ratings and Reviews
Glad I found it
I stumbled across SnipNotes in the App Store and am glad I took a chance on it. The app has worked smoothly with no crashes or bugs. My (very minor) issues with it are more because of how I would like it to work for me personally. It is fast and has not crashed on me once.
There are plenty of things to like. The cross-device syncing works flawlessly - between iOS devices, I have not tried the Mac app. There are URL scheme options available. You can change the appearance via the option to change the app’s color theme.
One of the main attractions is the feature to customize actions for each type of content that can be saved to SnipNotes. Which is almost anything.
A couple things have bugged me. Sometimes the app will incorrectly identify what type of note you have created. Just because a date is in the text doesn’t mean the note should be categorized as an appointment. Although you can manually change the note type to plain text. Also, I wish exporting notes was a little more consistent. For example, if I export a note to Evernote please match the title and body from SnipNotes to the new Evernote item. SnipNotes ignores the title and only sends the body of the text.
EDIT: Thanks for the update. I had no idea that the two Evernote actions would behave differently.
Developer Response ,
Thank you very much for your review! The export functionality will be improved in the next update so that it prepends the note's body text with its title. Evernote automatically sets the first line of an imported note as the title. You can also enable and use the "Send to Evernote" action (Settings => Configure Actions), which already sets the title field correctly.
My Most Used App
I love SnipNotes and use it on all my devices: Mac, iPhone, iPad and Apple watch. Anything I need to capture (thoughts web page URLs, phone numbers, addresses, etc.) goes into the SnipNotes inbox until I have time to act on it – the badged icon is a great reminder – and it’s immediately available everywhere. Notes with an address automatically get an embedded map and any note can be sent as a text message or an email, or used to create a reminder, with one click. Excellent Siri integration and the Apple Watch app is one of the best out there: You can quickly create and search for notes with dictation or save your current location. The developer is constantly making enhancements and provides great support.
Syncs well between devices
I normally use Notability to create reviews for books I read. Thus, I need to include the picture and blurb to help me remember or post on Reddit, plus a section below for my thoughts or cliff-notes.
Compared to Notability, copying pictures has been problematic, but the developer made changes to see if they would be fixed. I really appreciate his responsiveness and continued commitment to the app.
I have not tested making reminders or home screen widgets, since I have been primarily engaged with formatting. As far as that goes, this is not Word, which you can also download if you have a Microsoft account. Since I use that at work, I really want to avoid a conflict. I like the look and feel by default without having to increase the font or change it every time. In Notability on my iMac or iPhone, the font can become unbearably tiny, but Snips seems to be easier to read without constantly reformatting and resizing.
The reason I don’t use Apple Notes is because every time Apple makes changes to their app, I either lose notes or functionality. This time the options to add photos were moved to the Free draw app on my Mac, making me somewhat frustrated.
So for an easy to read, simple app that syncs between iOS functions, SnipNotes is pretty cool.
Developer Response ,
Thank you for your positive review!
Data Not Linked to You
The following data may be collected but it is not linked to your identity:
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- Felix Lisczyk
- 59 MB
- Requires iOS 15.7 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 15.7 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 15.7 or later.
- Requires macOS 12.6 or later.
English, Arabic, Dutch, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Polish, Portuguese, Simplified Chinese, Spanish
- Age Rating
- © 2017-2023 Felix Lisczyk
- In-App Purchases
- Subcategories $3.99
- SnipNotes Plus (iOS + macOS) $9.99
- Small Tip $1.99
- Huge Tip $19.99
- Theme Colors and Icons $2.99
- Large Tip $7.99
- SnipNotes Plus (iOS + macOS) $13.99
- Medium Tip $3.99
- iCloud Synchronization $4.99
- SnipNotes Plus (iOS) $5.99
Some in‑app purchases, including subscriptions, may be shareable with your family group when Family Sharing is enabled.