Become significantly happier with only 1 minute of effort / day.
How does it work?
- Write down up to 5 good things that happened to you today, your "Highlights". Be as concise as you can, maybe only using 2-3 words each.
- Sort your Highlights so the one that “made your day" is at the top of the list.
- Rate your day 1 to 5 stars according to your overall happiness.
That´s it. All you have to do.
These are the effects:
- First you will start to notice and remember the many little things that are easily missed otherwise.
- Then you will discover what the top things are that make you happy consistently.
- Finally you will actively search for and create these Highlights in your life.
This app respects your time, data, privacy, intelligence, taste and money:
Using Highlights is very fast: Between using the landscape keyboard and the “Save & New”-Button you will be done in 1 minute each day. The app can also remind you with a nice sound at whatever time is convenient for you.
Your data belongs to you: Export all of your Highlights & ratings in iCal-format at any time for backup, to view them in most calendar applications or to print them to treasure and keep in a safe place forever.
Nothing is ever sent anywhere, your Highlights & ratings stay on your iPhone exclusively where they are encrypted.
You are the valued customer here, not the product!
You can set the app to require your fingerprint / face to open to keep your data away from kids, your spouse or anyone else you gave your phone to.
Why take this seriously? A “positive journal” / “positive data log” is a standard method used in depression therapy to increase happiness.
Highlights is a very simple and usable form of this, optimized for daily usability by everyone.
If you are interested in the cognitive behavioral science behind the app you can read the following:
“Positive Psychology in Clinical Practice”, Seligmann et al, 2005
“Do Positive Psychology Exercises Work?”, Mongrain & Anselmo-Matthews, 2012
“Cognitive Behavioural Therapy”, Wilding & Milne, 2010
“Counting blessings versus burdens: An experimental investigation of gratitude and subjective wellbeing in daily life”, Emmons & McCullough, 2003
Pick your personal combination of 12 colors and 8 fonts.
We changed back from "free trial with later in-app purchase" to "pay in advance". Read about the reason why this is better for you at our blog.
- Photos: Accessible from more places, zoomable, shareable, favorite-able
- Support for iPhone X
- Color: Your choice also changes the app icon now :-)
- Usability: Changed some icons and texts for more clarity
Ratings and ReviewsSee All
- Karsten Will
- 30.2 MB
- Health & Fitness
Requires iOS 9.3 and watchOS 3.1 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- Age Rating
- Infrequent/Mild Profanity or Crude Humor
- © 2018 Risu-Apps
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.