Apple TV Remote is a great companion to Apple TV, delivering the best of the Siri Remote. With Apple TV Remote, you’ll never need to put down your iPhone or iPad to enjoy Apple TV. Control Apple TV with a swipe of your finger or use the keyboard to quickly enter text. And you can use the app along with the Siri Remote.
• Navigate Apple TV with touch gestures
• Quickly enter text, email addresses, and passwords using the keyboard
• Ask Siri to find something great to watch, listen to, or play
• Control the movie, TV show, or song that’s currently playing
• View song lyrics, change music tracks, and select movie chapters
• Play games using the accelerometer and gyroscope
• Turn on Game Mode for simplified game controls
• Use volume buttons on your iOS device to control volume
• iOS devices using iOS 9.3.2 or later
• Wi-Fi connection to Apple TV
• Apple TV (4th generation), using tvOS 9.2.1 or later
• Apple TV (3rd generation), using Apple TV Software 7.2.1
• Apple TV (2nd generation), using Apple TV Software 6.2.1
• Certain Now Playing features, including lyrics, playlists, and chapter, audio, and captions selection for movies and TV shows, require iOS 10.3 or later and tvOS 10.2 or later
• Volume control requires an AV receiver with CEC support
Siri requires Apple TV (4th generation) and availability varies by country and language.
This update includes general performance and stability improvements.
Ratings and ReviewsSee All
What’s everyone’s problem?
Seriously I’m like the person you do not want reviewing you if either you have a bad app or if you’re ripping off ppl.
This app is neither of the above mentioned. Idk what everyone’s major malfunction is. If you want to do a bad review for an app that’s earned it wholly, head over to miniclip games. They’re a rip off. Believe me I KNOW. This app has actually saved my backside a few times when I had a lost remote. Currently though I am having minor issues with my living room Apple TV, for some reason it will not pair with that remote and to be able to add another remote like this app, you need to be able to get to a certain screen (settings) to be able to pair. Same thing for HboGo and all the other movie channels too. Just use common sense ppl, I cannot imagine why anyone would be anything but grateful for this app. My 5 year old can maneuver round Apple TV with this iPad/iPhone remote. LoL. If you can’t, you probably shouldn’t even have an Apple TV- at all
Just keepin it real.
A must have app when using an Apple TV
I’ve never understood why so many people have negative reviews about this app. My family and I have been using this application since around 2011 with our first Apple TV (2nd generation) using multiple iPhone 4’s. Through the years we’ve upgraded to new iPhone hardware (4S, 5, 6, 6S, 7, XS) and new iOS software as follows as well as newer Apple TV models (3rd gen, 4th gen, 4K) and still use multiple on our home network. I (We) have never had a single issue with performance or operation of how this app works- period. Most of the negative reviews that I’ve seen are in relation to what sounds as potential networking related issues as this application uses your network to communicate, hardware limitations as to what is wanted out of the application or user error... take it for what it’s worth everyone in my family uses this app for a remote to control multiple Apple TV units throughout are home and none of us have ever had any issues.
What did y’all do to this once fine app???
I just used the remote app for the first time in a while because I had a cat in my lap and couldn’t reach the real remote and OMG it is TERRIBLE!!! The sensor square at the top used to be so responsive and wonderful, moving quickly to where I wanted it to go, but now it barely functions. I hope you guys are working on an update because this is unacceptable. If I was a manager there, I would have sent whichever update that screwed it up back to the developers to get it done right before I let shoddy workmanship like this go out to loyal customers. So not up to Apple’s usual par of excellence. Very disappointing. Reflects badly on developers and management.
Edit: seems to be working normally now but I’m gonna keep the review intact just in case
- Apple Inc.
- 14.2 MB
Requires iOS 9.3.2 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
English, Arabic, Catalan, Chinese (Hong Kong), Croatian, Czech, Danish, Dutch, Finnish, French, German, Greek, Hebrew, Hindi, Hungarian, Indonesian, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Malay, Norwegian, Polish, Portuguese, Romanian, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Slovak, Spanish, Swedish, Thai, Traditional Chinese, Turkish, Ukrainian, Vietnamese
- Age Rating
- © 2016-2018 Apple Inc. All rights reserved.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.