- Offers In-App Purchases
The official AppleInsider app for iPhone, iPad and Apple Watch serves as the most up-to-date and reliable source for all things Apple. Since 1997, AppleInsider has been the best destination for Apple-related news, rumors, reviews, expert commentary and more. And with the AppleInsider app, you can take all those news, tips, commentary, and reviews with you on the go, staying a step ahead of your friends with breaking news alerts and finger-tip access to the latest Apple news and rumors.
- Be the first to know about breaking news and major announcements with push notifications sent directly to your device as they happen.
- Access the AI YouTube video library to view product reviews, tutorials and more.
- Listen to weekly podcasts and keep current with live Apple event coverage.
- Subscribers can enjoy an ad-free viewing experience for $29.99 per year with an auto-renewable, annual subscription, or $2.99 a month.
- Optimized for both iPhone and iPad.
- Refreshed Apple Watch experience.
AppleInsider Pro subscription available:
Besides one year of ad-free content for $29.99, a one-month subscription is available for $2.99. Both subscription tiers will automatically renew until canceled.
AppleInsider Pro Automatic-Renewal Feature:
Your AppleInsider Pro digital subscription will be charged to your iTunes account at confirmation of purchase and will automatically renew unless auto-renew is turned off at least 24 hours before the end of your current period. Your iTunes account will automatically be charged at the same price for renewal, $29.99 per year, within 24 hours prior to the end of your current period.
Current subscriptions may not be canceled during the active subscription period, but you can manage your subscription and/or turn off auto-renewal by visiting your iTunes Account Settings after purchase.
- Newly designed news feed with featured articles
- Added star ratings to all review articles
- Top Story display customizations for iPad
- Implemented a new photo browser
- Return to home by tapping navbar
- Sponsored label for sponsored articles
- Caching improvements to all feeds for better data handling
- Improvements to UI and transaction handling for subscription flow
- UI improvements and fixes for iOS 16
- Bug fixes
Ratings and Reviews
Font is too small
It’s a good app but font on iPad mini is very uncomfortably small. Practically unreadable. Not everyone has perfect vision. Even with reading glasses and it with the biggest possible settings.
To be honest font size adjustment doesn’t do almost anything. It shouldn’t be very difficult to fix and I’m pretty sure I’m not alone, so I don’t know why it’s still this way.
Well it makes me read 9to5Mac more than AppleInsider
The new app is trash
Why would I want the same “Top Story” to consume the top 50% of my display every time I open the app? This actually makes me read fewer AI stories, because every time I open the app, it appears at first glance like there are no newer articles. I know it’s because they can charge more for ad slots in the articles that are pinned to the top of peoples devices, but honestly this change is what has finally gotten me to delete this app and cancel my subscription. So thanks, I guess?
Also, why do I have to swipe down to get out of a Top Story or Featured Story, but I have to swipe left to right to get out of a Latest News article? Did anybody even use this app before they launched it?
What a mess.
Subscription - 200% Increase!!
There is no way that this company earned a 200% increase (to $30/yr) for removal of Ads and saving favorites! The editing is shoddy at best, more than a few articles are published with half of the article content missing, the app doesn’t get needed updates and improvements, and favorites can’t even be searched. For years now, the general search feature in this app returns missing results or absolutely irrelevant results compared to the search terms - and never fixed after multiple complaints. This is a serious gap in an application which is being paid 10 bucks a year - now 30!! Will be canceling with no regrets at the end of my current subscription.
Data Used to Track You
The following data may be used to track you across apps and websites owned by other companies:
- Usage Data
Data Not Linked to You
The following data may be collected but it is not linked to your identity:
- Usage Data
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- Crafted Creative Inc.
- 36 MB
- Requires iOS 12.0 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 12.0 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 12.0 or later.
English, Arabic, Czech, Danish, Dutch, Finnish, French, German, Hebrew, Hindi, Hungarian, Indonesian, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Malay, Norwegian Bokmål, Polish, Portuguese, Romanian, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Slovak, Spanish, Swedish, Thai, Traditional Chinese, Turkish, Vietnamese
- Age Rating
- © 2017 AppleInsider.com
- In-App Purchases
- Pro $29.99
- AppleInsider Subscription (1 Year) $8.99
- AppleInsider Subscription (6 Months) $4.99
- AppleInsider Subscription (3 Months) $2.99
- Pro $2.99
- AppleInsider Subscription (1 Month) $0.99