AppLocker can password protect individual apps on your Mac.
It's easy to use and there is absolutely no configuration required. Just start AppLocker, add a password and select the apps you want to keep private. It also supports Touch ID and Bluetooth ID (unlock apps with your fingerprint or with a nearby personal device).
Use this tool and stop worrying about your privacy when you lend your computer to a guest, friend or family member. No one will mess with your important apps anymore.
• Password protect individual applications on your Mac
• Touch ID: unlock apps with your fingerprint
• Bluetooth ID: automatically unlock apps when your personal device (for example, your phone) is near your computer (around 5 meters)
• Easy to use, absolutely no configuration required
• Block access to applications that you want private and avoid
sneak peeks from guests, family members, friends or co-workers
• Perfect for anyone who uses a Mac in the office or at home and shares the computer with co-workers, family members or guests
We read your support emails every day, day by day.
Write with confidence any question, feedback or complaint and you will receive an answer in a very short period of time.
• Introducing Bluetooth ID: when your personal device (for example, your phone) is near your computer, AppLocker will automatically unlock your app
• Fixed a bug that was causing the app not to open on older computers
Ratings and Reviews
Bugs bugs bugs
I had to stop using this app. It was working fine for a few days, then when opening a protected app it will not let me input the password and also the quit shortcut was not working so I was stuck in that screen with no access to the Apple menu, I had to turn off the computer. Nothing really changed in my Mac from they one of installing this app, no new system updates, etc. I can't recommend this app, it has potential but many bugs.
Developer Response ,
Are you sure this wasn't related to the app you locked or a onetime problem? You can send me an email to firstname.lastname@example.org and provide me more details and for sure we can find a solution for this problem.
Worked great at first but now it won't open to adjust setting or modify anything. it doesn't show up in the menu bar and when updating previously it keeps sending a message that the app can't be open during update and to click continue to close the app. then that same message continues to popup repeatedly and never allows the update to finish. sadly •1• finally had to delete the app from my mac. please fix asap.
Developer Response ,
Thank you for your review and sorry for the problems with the app. Now that you removed the app can you download it again from the App Store and open it again (from the top menu bar, near the clock). Maybe the app was blocked during the update and needed a restart. If you need more details, please send me an email to email@example.com and for sure we can find a solution.
Massive Memory Leak
Have used this app for quite a while but this most recent update brought my iMac to it's knees. A quick look at Activity Monitor showed AppLocker had gobbled up nearly 150gb of memory. Explained the poor performance I was noticing. Unfortunately, I can't recommend using this app to anyone until this particular issue has been addressed.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.