Deltek Touch Time & Expense for Vision
Entering timesheets and expenses is never fun, but it’s now easier than ever with Deltek Touch Time & Expense for Vision. Touch T&E provides you anytime, anywhere access to timesheets and expense reports – saving you time and increasing accuracy and efficiency. Same great timekeeping and expense tracking features as in Deltek Vision, and ideal for users who travel or are away from the office.
- Enter time and expenses for your projects, labor codes, and labor and expense categories
- Approve timesheets and expense reports
- Email employees that have not submitted timesheets or need to change timesheets
- Take pictures of receipts and upload them directly to expense reports
- Quickly access favorite or recent projects allowing efficient entry
- Validate timesheet entries against project budgets and expected hours
- Track units
- Easily and securely access the app using a 4-digit pin
To use the app:
- A Deltek Vision user license is required.
- Some features will be unavailable if you are not on the most recent version of Vision.
- A server-side component must be installed by your administrator and your administrator must provide you with your organization’s unique Touch URL. Contact your IT department to ensure this component is in place and up-to-date prior to using this mobile app.
- For more details on system requirements and known issues, please see KB article #71390 on Deltek’s customer care web site.
Server Run-Time Software Upgrade
• Could not log on to Touch after entering domain credentials (1193294)
Ratings and Reviews
Clunky would be a compliment
Wow. This app is about as good as I remember my dialup 56k modem was for watching video. I have about 200 apps on my iPad and this has to be in the bottom five. I don’t know why I have to uninstall and reinstall it every few months, but it starts up and hangs every few months and the only way I can get it to work is to remove it and reinstall. Then the whole requirement for a PIN thing feels like it did with my iPhone 4. The user experience is clunky. The user interface is ugly but I have to admit somewhat functional. I’m not sure it has been improved in many years (Deltek, I’m grateful for the bug fixes though). The BEST part of this app (which is what got me to 2 stars from 1) is the fact that I can approve all of my direct reports’ timesheets in 10 seconds once I’m logged in and on my desktop application it takes a bit longer. The crazy thing is that the app is free but we’ve spent over a half-million dollars on Deltek Vision over the past 10 years. For that kind of development money, I would expect more.
New Version is Awful
This used to be an okay app - good for quickly entering or approving time, though it has always lacked the functionality that the desktop version has.
However, the latest version will not open unless I have a PassCode enabled on my phone, which I do not want to have. I find it outrageous that an outside app dictates how my phone is configured.
Moreover, the new update didn’t retain the data in the previous update, so even after establishing a PassCode on my phone, I cannot connect without IT reconfiguring this to our company server.
Developer Response ,
Sorry you have had a bad experience.
To improve security, we recently added a feature that forces you to have a PIN on your device. Because many users did not like this feature, we updated it to include an admin option to turn it off. You can discuss with your admin to see if disabling the feature is an option for your company.
We recently updated some technology used in the app which forced the URL to need to be re-entered. It was a one-time change that should not re-occur with subsequent updates.
Would be a useful app, as Deltek does not allow you to access online through chrome via your phone. As others mention, the app requires you to have a passcode on your device. I tried to just turn on the passcode when accessing the app, however, the URL is deleted when you try this. Unfortunately, I deleted the app. The developer would need to turn off the device passcode for this app to be viable.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.