** CRASH BUGS ZAPPED IN THIS NEW UPDATE! **
Travel back to the 1980s as a superpowered defender of justice in this all-new edition of Steve Jackson's Appointment With F.E.A.R.! This dynamic edition is stylized as an interactive graphic novel. Your choices guide you towards new villains, super dilemmas, and ultimately, the Titanium Cyborg himself!
As Titan City’s courageous and incorruptible champion of law and order, use your super powers to protect its innocent citizens from the danger and
deviousness of a host of super-villains bent on taking over the world!
Your mission is to discover the location of the top-secret FEAR meeting, capture the Titanium Cyborg and his cohorts and bring them to justice.
** REVIEWS **
“There are loving references to real comics everywhere, the tone of the story is just right, and the presentation is stylish and energetic.”
4.5/5 – TouchArcade
“A bright, bold, and rather brilliant gamebook, Appointment with FEAR is a step in an interesting new direction.”
9/10 – Pocket Gamer
“It’s very, very replayable; you’ll get through your first game quickly and then find yourself diving in again straight away.”
9/10 – Starburst Magazine
"Ever wanted to be a superhero? Appointment With FEAR is a fine way to live that dream."
4.5/5 - 148Apps
** FEATURES **
• Customize your CHARACTER and COSTUME!
• Choose your gender for a fully customizable SUPER HERO!
• Different SUPER POWERS to choose from which give unique styles of play!
• Awesome COMIC BOOK stylized presentation! A graphic novel which YOU control!
• Solve crimes by discovering CLUES and using your high-tech CRIME WATCH.
• Over thirty SUPERVILLAINS to fight! Beat TIGER CAT, CHAINSAW BRONSKI and MORE!
Appointment With FEAR has been created using Tin Man Games’ enhanced Gamebook Adventures Engine featuring:
• Hidden achievements to find throughout the gamebook.
• Narrative-based combat! Watch the battle unfold as combatants trade quips!
• Trading cards, including special rare cards. Collect them all!
• Advanced Checkpoint system easily allows you to jump to previously visited locations!
• Specially composed soundtrack and sound effects.
Tin Man Games have signed a licensing deal to release the Fighting Fantasy series on iOS, so expect to see more of your favourite adventure gamebooks appearing soon!
Available Now: The Forest of Doom, Starship Traveller, House of Hell, Blood of the Zombies and Island of the Lizard King.
Coming Soon... The Warlock of Firetop Mountain, Deathtrap Dungeon, City of Thieves, Citadel of Chaos and more!
Updated for 64 bit/ iOS 11
Update for full compatibility with all new device sizes
other minor fixes
Ratings and Reviews
Looks great, horrible writing.
For a gamebook, writing is key. Unfortunately for this particular gamebook, the writing is absolutely dreadful. Things are often repeated in the same sentence they were introduced. "Courageously dodging your grab, radiation dog leans away from your grab..." That's just redundant. Did the creators fail to check the writing on this one? Seriously, it's terrible! I expect much better writing from something like this, especially tin man games.
great presentation - not Tin Man's best to date.
This game doesn't feel like a typical Tin Man game. The writing is occasionally cleverly ironic in its overt obviousness, making fun of stereotypical superhero dialog - but it not the creative story telling that surrounds the imagination that you encounter in most game books.
Awesome but crashy
This game is fantastically well-done "choose your own adventure" fare. Humor, action, hard choices, and a dynamic presentation make it a thoroughly enjoyable and fresh mobile gaming experience.
Unfortunately, it's crashy as all get-out. I can't play for more than a few minutes without experiencing a crash - even after rebooting my device.
Once the devs fix the crashing issue, I'd recommend this game as a five-star top offering in the App Store. No-brainer purchase. In the mean time, it's worth picking up, even with its technical problems, but steel yourself for some bumps along the way.
- Tin Man Games Pty Ltd
- 348 MB
Requires iOS 8.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- Age Rating
- Infrequent/Mild Cartoon or Fantasy Violence
- Infrequent/Mild Profanity or Crude Humor
- Infrequent/Mild Horror/Fear Themes
- © 2014 Tin Man Games Pty. Ltd.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.