Evidence-Based Practice techniques for Apraxia. Patent pending therapist/parent sharing technology! Speech-EZ® is saving time for SLPs and increasing communication and participation between SLP and parent. If the SLP has the Pro version, and the parent has the Parent version, SLP and parent can communicate between devices! The SLP has the ability to create customized stimulus homework sets and "share" directly to the parent's app!
This app allows you to create stimulus card sets and "Share" directly to the parent as long as the parent has the parent version of the app. You can also share clients and collaborate between therapists if the child has more than one therapist they are working with!
This app was created for individuals with childhood apraxia of speech (CAS) and severe phonological disorders. Apraxia specialist Lynn Carahaly, M.A., CCC-SLP, developed The Speech-EZ® Apraxia Program therapy approach and supporting iPad application: Apraxia Picture Sound Cards app. Children with Down syndrome, autism, cerebral palsy, or other condition resulting in a Speech Sound Disorder can benefit from this app and evidence-based therapeutic techniques as well.
The Apraxia Picture Sound Cards app provides you with convenience, organization, and session-by-session data collection. You are able to track and store a child's session-by-session data allowing parents to easily see their child's measurable progress. Session data can be stored and easily retrieved. You can manage multiple children, store and view session summaries, and email session results with ease.
• Patent pending therapist/parent sharing technology! If the SLP has the Pro version, and the parent has the Parent version, SLP and parent can communicate between devices!
• The SLP has the ability to create customized stimulus homework sets and "share" directly to the parent's app.
• Evidence-based treatment techniques using Hand Cues which are manual gestures used to mimic articulatory movements, leading to increasing procedural memory and improved motor planning.
• FULL Speech-EZ® manual with print capabilities
• Session Data visible to BOTH parent and SLP. Parent and Therapist can view each other’s sessions.
• Goals for CAS, Phonological Processes and more can be hand selected and customized from goal bank and shared with parent
• Greatly improved, sophisticated data collection and analytics
• Ability to customize and save/edit card sets and SHARE to Homework file
• Includes over 1000 colorful and engaging picture cards, 45 phonogram cards & 10 number cards, and the Speech-EZ® Hand Cues in video format
• Ability to select stimulus sets based on the individual’s verbal motor planning abilities:
o Sort by Vowel
o CV and VC words
o CVC words,
o CVCV words,
o Compound words,
o One-syllable words with blends,
o Two-syllable words,
o Three-syllable words,
o Four-syllable words
• Ability to select specific words to practice movement sequences by place of articulation: bilabial-to-bilabial, alveolar-to-velar, etc.
• Voice recording and playback
• Improved sort and shuffle abilities: shuffle random, ascending, and descending mode
• More control in setting such as start with back of card for reading
• Tap-to-play audio
• Inconspicuous data collection icons with pleasant sounds
• Store data for multiple users
• Email session reports
****NOTE This app has gone through a major update we know you all will be thrilled with! Those of you that have the older version of the app and are updating your app to include these new features will not be able to access your old student data. This is due to the fact that the data collection is so much more sophisticated and detailed it cannot and does not translate to our new platform. We are certain that you will be so please with the new data collection platform, you will not miss the old, and the fresh start will be welcomed!****
Categories: Education, Special Education
- Bugs fixes
Ratings and ReviewsSee All
Love this App but...
I’m having some trouble with the app. For some reason when I go to look back at my students card sets I have saved in the app, it will shut down and the app will disappear from my screen. I tried updating it, deleting the app completely and downloading it all over again, nothing has worked.
Please let me know how I can fix this.
A must have for Apraxia & Phonological Disorders
If you work with CAS and severe phonological disorders this app is a great therapy tool and worth the investment. The ability to send homework DIRECTLY to the parent's iPad app is amazing. The goal bank is great and SMART! So happy to see Speech-EZ manual is included and I can print it out. Sound method. Loving the improved data collection and ability to create/save/edit stimulus sets. Voice recording is nice too. Other features makes this app simply superior.
I've been using this app with a number of my students with CAS. The data collection feature is quite sophisticated and allows the SLP to chart detailed information. Picture selection is remarkably easy and intuitive and allows for customization. I also love that picture lists can be shared seamlessly with families who own the parent version of this app. Very nice!
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.