This is the official iPhone and iPad application of aprs.fi, the favourite APRS web site of the amateur radio world.
Obtain immediate, real-time access to current APRS position information, weather reports, telemetry graphs, and more. Zoom and browse around the world and see stations immediately – no waiting.
• Search callsigns and addresses, with quick search-as-you-type and search history features
• Track multiple stations at the same time
• Filter information shown on the map (weather stations, AIS)
• View weather, telemetry and statistic graphs
• Beacon your position on aprs.fi
• Attach to a transceiver with a wireless connection to a BLE TNC, receive and transmit position beacons without the Internet
• Runs directly on top of the reliable and fast aprs.fi database
• Tested to work great on iPhone 5, 6, 7, 8, X, iPad 2, iPad Mini and all newer models
• Supports iOS 9/10/11/12/13
• High-resolution graphics for Retina and Retina HD displays with full APRS symbol set
Buy the app – get the web site for free!
Some new features introduced in future versions may require a small subscription fee. All currently existing and some new features will be available without a subscription fee.
Note: Continued use of GPS running in the background can dramatically decrease battery life.
GPS is not required for viewing APRS information.
• Operating system compatibility improvements
• Network connection optimisations
• Fixed bug: black text on dark blue background
Ratings and Reviews
Previous Driving Route
I love this app over all the others for one special reason. I like making sure that my stuff is beaconing, especially because I use smart beaconing. I can search for my various callsign with the various SSIDs that I use and go back in time. I don't see that functionality with OpenAPRS. Note: those of you that are new please beacon only every 10 to 15 minutes if you are using time beaconing. You are overloading the system by sending out your location every 30 seconds. Learn to use Smart Beaconing. Thanks and 73 AA6RV
When I first got this app I couldn’t get “anyone” to show up but me on the map screen. Since the last update, I I am able to see other Ham rigs that have broadcasted recently, as I travel. I leave it on, with the beacon active, tp always keep me “on-grid” and showing on the map. I love this app! Because it shows so much on the highways, I leave it going on my iPad Mini in my Jeep, as the navigations app. It’s awesome!
Only Complaint 😁
Overall, really like the app. I thought it was cool that for different SSIDs you could specify a different comment so when you switch between them, the comment is specific to that SSID.
My only complaint is any beacon I make with the different SSIDs that I use always have a “(from KB4SBY)” and therefore when I search for that SSID, it doesn’t actually show up. Because of that, my SSIDs are not grouped together. There might be a way to change that but I haven’t figured it out yet.
- GainIO Oy
- 30.2 MB
Requires iOS 9.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
English, Arabic, Catalan, Czech, Danish, Dutch, Finnish, French, German, Greek, Hebrew, Hungarian, Icelandic, Indonesian, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Malay, Norwegian Bokmål, Polish, Portuguese, Romanian, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Slovak, Spanish, Swedish, Thai, Traditional Chinese, Turkish, Ukrainian, Vietnamese
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- This app may use your location even when it isn't open, which can decrease battery life.
- © 2019 GainIO Ltd
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.