This is the official iPhone and iPad application of aprs.fi, the favourite APRS web site of the amateur radio world.
Obtain immediate, real-time access to current APRS position information, weather reports, telemetry graphs, and more. Zoom and browse around the world and see stations immediately – no waiting.
• Search callsigns and addresses, with quick search-as-you-type and search history features
• Track multiple stations at the same time
• Filter information shown on the map (weather stations, AIS)
• View weather, telemetry and statistic graphs
• Beacon your position on aprs.fi
• Attach to a transceiver with a wireless connection to a BLE TNC, receive and transmit position beacons without the Internet
• Runs directly on top of the reliable and fast aprs.fi database
• Tested to work great on all currently-supported iPhone and iPad models
• Supports iOS 11/12/13
• Dark Mode support for an ergonomic viewing experience in low-light environments
• High-resolution graphics for Retina and Retina HD displays with full APRS symbol set
Buy the app – get the web site for free!
Some new features require a subscription. All old and some new features will be available without a subscription fee. A list of features included in the Extra Features subscription package:
• APRS text messaging
• High-performance software DSP modem
• APRS-IS beaconing, with up to 10 callsign profiles
• Long time ranges in map and graph views
Note: Continued use of GPS running in the background can dramatically decrease battery life.
GPS is not required for viewing APRS information.
Terms of service:
Dark Mode background colour fixes in Search view. More darkness.
Ratings and ReviewsSee All
When I first got this app I couldn’t get “anyone” to show up but me on the map screen. Since the last update, I I am able to see other Ham rigs that have broadcasted recently, as I travel. I leave it on, with the beacon active, tp always keep me “on-grid” and showing on the map. I love this app! Because it shows so much on the highways, I leave it going on my iPad Mini in my Jeep, as the navigations app. It’s awesome!
Paid subscription needed for TNC use
This looked like the perfect way to use the new Mobilinkd TNC for iOS. However to send or receive messages you have to pay a subscription.
That’s right, after already paying $9.99 for the app they want another monthly or yearly subscription for what is a basic feature of APRS. Without this the Mobilinkd TNC can’t be used to send or receive messages.
The screenshots on this app on the store make it appear to have this messaging functionality. You don’t discover the additional subscription until you download. Quite frustrating, it almost seems like false advertising.
APRS app that keeps getting better
All apps have issues and bugs. This one seems to keep improving without causing big changes that would make users hate the change. Excellent program. I hope they continue on the same path of improvement and integration with new things like the new external bluetooth APRS devices on the market. -KX4MQ
- GainIO Oy
- 27.4 MB
Requires iOS 11.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
English, Arabic, Catalan, Czech, Danish, Dutch, Finnish, French, German, Greek, Hebrew, Hungarian, Icelandic, Indonesian, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Malay, Norwegian Bokmål, Polish, Portuguese, Romanian, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Slovak, Spanish, Swedish, Thai, Traditional Chinese, Turkish, Ukrainian, Vietnamese
- Age Rating
- This app may use your location even when it isn't open, which can decrease battery life.
- © 2020 GainIO Ltd
- In-App Purchases
- Extra features, yearly $6.49
- Extra features, fair trade $13.49
- Extra features, monthly $1.99
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.