This is the official iPhone and iPad application of aprs.fi, the favourite APRS web site of the amateur radio world.
Obtain immediate, real-time access to current APRS position information, weather reports, telemetry graphs, and more. Zoom and browse around the world and see stations immediately – no waiting.
• Search callsigns and addresses, with quick search-as-you-type and search history features
• Track multiple stations at the same time
• Filter information shown on the map (weather stations, AIS)
• View weather, telemetry and statistic graphs
• Beacon your position on aprs.fi
• Attach to a transceiver with a wireless connection to a BLE TNC, receive and transmit position beacons without the Internet
• Runs directly on top of the reliable and fast aprs.fi database
• Tested to work great on iPhone 5, 6, 7, 8, X, iPad 2, iPad Mini and all newer models
• Supports iOS 9/10/11/12
• High-resolution graphics for Retina and Retina HD displays with full APRS symbol set
Buy the app – get the web site for free!
Some new features introduced in future versions may require a small subscription fee. All currently existing and some new features will be available without a subscription fee.
Note: Continued use of GPS running in the background can dramatically decrease battery life.
GPS is not required for viewing APRS information.
• TNC beaconing: Selected APRS packet path is stored in station config, and defaults to WIDE1-1,WIDE2-1
• Beacon view: Improved error reporting for TNC disconnection and network errors
• Beacon view: New switch to enable/disable transmitting altitude
• Beacon view: Improved validation and informational popups about correct AX.25 callsign syntax
• Beaconing has slightly stricter requirement for position fix accuracy (200 meters) to reduce jumping around a lot when inside without GPS coverage
• Map: New app setting to enable/disable displaying current location on the map, sometimes it obstructs the view too much
• Map: Road traffic layer is now disabled by default due to app crashes in the traffic layer code. Can be re-enabled in app settings.
Ratings and Reviews
When I first got this app I couldn’t get “anyone” to show up but me on the map screen. Since the last update, I I am able to see other Ham rigs that have broadcasted recently, as I travel. I leave it on, with the beacon active, tp always keep me “on-grid” and showing on the map. I love this app! Because it shows so much on the highways, I leave it going on my iPad Mini in my Jeep, as the navigations app. It’s awesome!
APRS app that keeps getting better
All apps have issues and bugs. This one seems to keep improving without causing big changes that would make users hate the change. Excellent program. I hope they continue on the same path of improvement and integration with new things like the new external bluetooth APRS devices on the market. -KX4MQ
Looks good, easy to use. 👍
Works great on iOS, user friendly, a ham radio operator must have that has a smart device. Lots of icons for every occasion, after call sign marker I use a lower case -i to indicate iPad or iPhone. On my ht i dont use a number due to it being my only aprs unit, but people with more than one number them.
- GainIO Oy
- 13 MB
Requires iOS 9.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
English, Arabic, Catalan, Czech, Danish, Dutch, Finnish, French, German, Greek, Hebrew, Hungarian, Icelandic, Indonesian, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Malay, Norwegian Bokmål, Polish, Portuguese, Romanian, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Slovak, Spanish, Swedish, Thai, Traditional Chinese, Turkish, Ukrainian, Vietnamese
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- This app may use your location even when it isn't open, which can decrease battery life.
- © 2019 GainIO Ltd
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.