An app to satisfy all your Fishing and Boating's needs, developed with the help of expert boaters. Download the best up-to-date Nautical Charts to safely enjoy the new boating season. With the Aqua Map Master transform your device in a real ChartPlotter.
• Optimised for both iPhone and iPad
• Download the maps on the device for offline usage
• Plan and navigate your ROUTE with real-time information on next waypoint
• Anchor alarm with advanced configuration
• Tides & Currents prediction and simulation (only US & Canada)
• Overlay the USACE surveys on top of your charts (only US)
• Share and load tracks, markers and routes (KMZ and GPX)
• ActiveCaptain & Waterway Guide community integration
• Connect your NMEA devices through WiFi
• Powerful search with advanced settings
• Check all the bridges, hazards and best fuel prices along your route
• Display AIS info from external devices with automatic collision detection
• Overlay the Satellite images on your map
• Measure distances on the map
• Expand your horizons with mapXpan (patent pending)
• Works perfectly in iPad multi-screen mode
• Optimized battery usage
Aqua Map uses only official Nautical charts with depth contours, buoys, lights, etc. to enjoy the best boating experience. You can download the maps at home within your device and use them on the boat offline (no more Internet connection required). Our charts are derived in part from material obtained from: NOAA, CHS, BA, BSH, IIM, CNIG, AHS, NLHO, Explorer, etc.
Available areas: US, Canada, Bahamas, Caribbean, Bermuda, Brazil, Argentina, UK, Ireland, France Med, Spain, Portugal, Italy, Germany, Netherlands, Belgium, Croatia, Estonia, Malta, Australia, New Zealand, Seychelles, Maldives, Emirates, South Africa.
► ROUTES and WAYPOINTS
Plan your trip, insert and edit waypoints. Navigate your route and monitor distance, time (ETA) and direction toward your next waypoint or your final destination.
► ANCHOR ALARM
This function will check in realtime your GPS position against your anchor position previously defined. An acoustic and visual alarm will run as soon as your GPS position is out of the defined range.
► TIDES & CURRENTS
You can calculate the prediction for more than 6800 stations in the US & Canada. See the T&C trend on the map and simulate any future date.
► LOADING and SHARING
You can share your favorite's markers on Facebook or send an email with your last daily track. Not only, you can also load any KML, KMZ, GPX (also zipped) found in internet or received from your friends.
Join the community of more than 100.000 boaters who write reviews, update data and provide up to date hazard information.
Read and contribute reviews and rating about marinas, shared local boating knowledge, anchorage and hazards
► Waterway Guide
Marinas, hazards, anchorages, bridges, free docks and much more to cover the entire US coastline.
► Aqua Map Master
With this subscription you will be able to access a set of advanced functions that will transform your device in a real ChartPlotter (.. and more).
Connect your NMEA (and SignalK) devices through the WiFi and use their data for all the App functions (eg Anchor Alarm), download and display the last USACE surveys (only US), consult the Route Explorer with bridges, hazards and best fuel prices calculation, display the AIS targets on the map with automatic collision detection.
► TYPE OF PURCHASES
- Unlimited: you can download and update your charts forever.
- Subscription: it is a one year auto-renewable subscription, it will automatically renews unless auto-renew is turned off at least 24-hours before the end of the current period. Subscriptions may be managed by the user and auto-renewal may be turned off by going to the user's Account Settings after purchase.
Terms of Service: http://www.globalaquamaps.com/Acknowledge.html
• Added a dedicated "My Boat" page with possibility to customize the icon, size, height, type, ...
• Now RouteExplorer will use Height and Beam of the boat to detect dangerous bridges.
• Added the Distance Markers (also known as Mile Markers) in the Search
• Improved Current textual description.
•Solved a problem related to AIS filtering
Ratings and Reviews
Great for Navigating the Hudson
Looking for a navigation app to help me on my first trip on the Hudson River. I have a runabout without any electronics so thought I’d try finding an app that would be fun to try and hopefully be of some help. I used it for the first time on the water and it worked flawlessly in helping me keep in the main channel. Seemed to be very accurate in marking the hazards and all of the channel markers that I saw along the way. Worked great for me and made my trip much more enjoyable and I believe, safer.
OK not great
Use the app for Explorer charts. While the price for these charts is good, the detail leaves a lot to be desired since the charts are Raster scans instead of Vector. This means you are restricted to meter depths and no additional detail when zooming in. The Explorer data is good for suggested routes and locations of services cruisers are interested in such as anchorage data, grocery stores, dinghy docks, etc. The app interface is also not intuitive leading me to go through the tutorial often to find how to perform simple navigation tasks.
Buy the app for the chart data, not the interface.
Active Captain Included
I loaded this app and purchased charts because SEAiq lost access to Active Captain after the Garmin acquisition. I am delighted to once again have offline access to Active Captain data. It is limited, though. One cannot create new POI’s or add reviews without being directed to the Garmin Active Captain website. Please, developer, add these features.
The nav app itself is very good, although screens are slow to load, even on my new iPad Pro.
Developer Response ,
thanks for your feedback.
You can add reviews for AC without being redirected to the Garmin website, whereas for creating a new POIs you are redirected. This is one of the future improvements in our list. If the map drawing is not fast enough you can speed up disabling the rendering of the Land data Settings (bottom-right button)->Land Data=Hidden.
Aqua Map Support Team
- GEC s.r.l.
- 113.3 MB
Requires iOS 9.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
English, Dutch, French, German, Italian, Portuguese, Spanish
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- This app may use your location even when it isn't open, which can decrease battery life.
- © 2013 - 2019 GEC srl
- In-App Purchases
- Master: add USACE, NMEA, AIS $9.99
- Florida - Nautical chart $4.99
- US - Nautical & Lakes charts $24.99
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.