Aqua TV is a stunning, fully customisable, virtual aquarium.
Choose a tank then change the floor, walls, decoration – and of course fish – to make the aquarium YOU want!
All rendered in glorious 3D.
And all your tank creations are stored in iCloud so can be shared with your Apple TV to enjoy on the big screen!
· Beautifully created and animated 3D fish.
· Loads of customisation options to make the tank look just as you want.
· Stunning tropical reef to host sharks, turtles and manta rays.
· Shuffle mode to switch between multiple tanks at random.
· View tanks from the front, or from above!
· Select from three chilled out soundtracks or use your own playlists.
"It’s beautiful... but also fun to build and personalize. Aqua TV is ... a great app to leave on display when you’re sitting in your living room!" - Cult Of Mac
For this Aqua TV update we're delighted to announce that ALL content is now unlocked!
Yes, that's correct - NO in app purchases, NO adverts - just a single purchase, and everything is available!
The initial purchase price has increased a little, but the update is completely free for all existing Aqua TV users.
Ratings and Reviews
Great start but not very diverse.
This app does a great job at something no other developer has been able to execute on: tank design. There are some limitations that I wish I knew about in advance but not because I regret the purchase.
- ornaments are limited to kitschy and what I think are mostly tacky things I'd never use in an aquarium (shipwreck, deep sea diver person, etc) there are some basic options that aren't bad but they don't fit the population of your tank with few exceptions (more below)
- no landscaping just a backdrop (enhancement request: also selection of rocks and live rock and coral in addition to plants)
- no freshwater species. Huge problem. No South American or African freshwater fins at all, which is weird considering the plant and landscape options you are permitted in Ornaments are often suited for South American species.
So my gripes are mainly in that I really wanted to build a fancy reef tank with live rock and coral or really a nice densely rocked African cichlid tank but neither of those are possible currently.
The software is certainly capable of doing it though so I hope my feedback is considered. I'm iffy on the in-app-purchase model but it makes sense to me as a user how it works which is something at least.
Beautiful and relaxing
This has been a great addition to our study. Lots of options. Would love to see the ability to change the camera view over time with the reef setup.
Update, from the developer:
You can actually change camera views in the reef automatically. If you go to SETTINGS you can set SHUFFLE to 1, 5 or 10 minutes. When in that mode, if you are in the reef it will switch to a random camera view (there are 14) at the chosen intervals.
Developer Response ,
Glad you like it!
You can actually change camera views in the reef automatically.
If you go to SETTINGS you can set SHUFFLE to 1, 5 or 10 minutes.
When in that mode, if you are in the reef it will switch to a random camera view (there are 14) at the chosen intervals.
Very crude, lacking features & not elegant in the least
Sadly this app is not the virtual fish tank I had hoped for. It has a limited number of backgrounds, the ones available are as ugly as it gets, the graphics are very poor. The fish move in a choppy manner. I had hoped that this would be my virtual fish tank that I could play on my 50” inch tv in my study 24/7 as a dedicated virtual fish tank. I would be embarrassed if I had guests over and they saw this on my wall. I hope improvements and updates are to come in the future. I will change my review if that is the case.
Developer Response ,
It sounds like there is something very wrong there.
It was designed to run on big screens, and even on the standard (ie non-4K Apple TV) it looks gorgeous even on 65" TVs.
Could you please get in touch with firstname.lastname@example.org and we'll try to figure out what is going on.
We want you - and your guests to like it!
- Extra Mile Studios, Ltd
- 377.2 MB
Requires iOS 9.1 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch. Apple TV.
English, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Portuguese, Russian, Spanish, Turkish
- Age Rating
- © 2018 EM Studios Ltd
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.