Welcome to a new world of flash cards. The original AR Flashcards make learning fun with the technology of Augmented Reality!
Winner of the 2013 Edublog Award for Best Mobile App!
AR Flashcards are a new way to interact and make Flashcards more entertaining for toddlers and preschoolers. With AR Flashcards, learning is fun! When you point your device at the printed flashcard a beautifully rendered 3D animal will pop up on the screen. Tap the animal to hear the letter and animal name.
- 26 beautifully rendered Animals to help your toddler or preschooler learn the alphabet!
- 6 beautifully rendered Dinosaurs!
- Learn the Solar System
- Experience the story of the Apollo 11 program!
- 10 wonderfully animated shapes and colors!
- 100 Addition cards!
- Fully animated Abraham Lincoln model that recites the Gettysburg address!
- Walk through 9 AR Portals to visit real world places from Abraham Lincoln's life!
- New create mode where you can augment any image with our animals!
- You can print out the flashcards or if you own two iOS devices you can access the flashcards from within the app in a beautiful swipeable gallery!
*Note* You must visit http://www.arflashcards.com/ to download and print the free Flashcard Markers necessary to make this app work. This app will work in color and black and white. This app will only work on devices with a camera.
You can see our Terms of Service at http://arflashcards.com/terms-of-use
- Redesigned the Launch Screen
- Redesigned the Memberships Screen
- Redesigned the Member Area Screen
- Bug Fixes that include:
- Added Loading Screen to Member Area
- Added Loading Screen to Lincoln
- Added Loading Screen to Lincoln Portals
- Fixed UI Overlap issues
- Gap between title bar and content on Alphabet and Shapes Screen
- Fixed loading screen on Shapes menu
- Fixed AR Menu overlapping the titlebar when returning to the menu on Lincoln and AR Portals.
- Fixed an issue that caused those with a school login to be unable to access the Member Area.
- Fixed an issue on Ground Plane where the Frog was floating
- Fixed an issue on Ground Plane where the Newt was floating
- Reviewed and fixed some scaling and placement issues on all animals on Ground Plane.
- Fixed Title bar and loading screen for the memberships page.
Ratings and Reviews
Awesome Toddler App!
This is a great interactive app for toddlers learning their ABC's. I didn't know what to expect when I had to print out "flash cards" for the app but now I understand. You place your phone over the flash card and a 3D version of the animal comes to life! My grandson squealed with delight. A little girls voice says the letter...very cute.
This is a very unique app and I haven't come across anything like it yet.
I highly recommend. 5 stars.
A Reading Teacher's Perspective
This app is very engaging and exciting. Little ones will love it. However, I'm a bit concerned, as a primary teacher, with three of the five vowel sounds. When teaching introductory vowel sounds, they should be introduced as "short" sounds. The "I" is pronounced like a long "E" sound in Iguana but should sound like the "I" in inchworm (or use the iguana, but pronounce it with the short "i" sound) The "O" in owl is teaching the "ow" sound, but should sound like the "O" in octopus. The "U" in urchin is teaching the "UR" sound and should be the "U" sound in umbrellabird. These seem to be simple changes to incorporate. At this point, I will not be able to use this with my students unless the vowel sound changes are made. :)
When I downloaded a set of flashcards for space nothing happened. It took me a little time to realize that I needed the animal flashcards. (You have to purchase the app for the space pictures.) Once I got the correct set for this app the result has been amazing. My students are Dyslexic and they love this.
- Peak Reality, LLC
- 788.3 MB
Requires iOS 11.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- © Peak Reality, 2019
- In-App Purchases
- Disable Ads $2.99
- 1 Month Subscription $3.99
- 3 Month Subscription $8.99
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.