Māori are the indigenous peoples of New Zealand. We have inhabited these beautiful shores for many centuries. Over time, our history and cultural stories have evolved and flourished. It is these same stories that help define who we are as a people. It is through story that we maintain our cultural values and transfer knowledge to future generations.
-- WHY USE ARATAKI APP? --
• Unlock and receive cultural information that is accurate, credible, and has mana (integrity).
• Learn about the many culturally significant sites located around Aotearoa. Māori place names, landmarks, stories, proverbs, history, songs and more.
• Get outdoors and enjoy our cultural walking trails. Walk, run, climb, scale, explore.
• Our tech allows you the flexibility to experience our cultural walking trails in your own time, at your own pace.
-- HOW DOES IT WORK? --
Using bluetooth connectivity, a custom mobile application and proximity networks, you’ll unlock cultural information whenever you’re within range of our sites. You’ll need our app to connect with the cultural content available at any of our sites and cultural walking trails.
We have heaps of Virtual Guides to choose from in-app. Each Guide represents a selection of our sites. All you need to do is select a Guide that you like from the available guides list, view the corresponding map to get your bearings, then start your journey.
Mauri ora! Be well and safe journey!
Bluetooth is required during the guide to improve the accuracy and reliability of the Arataki Experience
New interface and improvements to guided tours
- Arataki Systems Limited
- 63.5 MB
Requires iOS 9.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- Age Rating
- This app may use your location even when it isn't open, which can decrease battery life.
- © Arataki Systems
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.