Delve into this classic board game style RPG, a tribute to the masterpieces of the 90’s which defined the genre.
Play in the original dice rolling tabletop style, defeat hordes of orcs, undead, giants and many other terrible creatures.
- 8 legendary heroes classes to choose from
- Over 50 quests to play to entertain for hundreds of hours
- No IAP unlockable content, the game is 100% free
- Tons of equipment and spells options to customize your heroes
- Try the quests editor! Create and publish your own quests, or play the adventures created by other players!
- Fully translated into English, French, German, Italian and Spanish
Originally released on 2012, Arcane Quest comes back in full 3D high definition graphics, and tons of gameplay enhancements.
A truly tribute to the great classics like HeroQuest, D&D and all the titles that defined an era of
table top RPGs.
Want some more? Try the other chapters of the series! Arcane Quest 2 and Arcane Quest 3 are both available for free to download!
Ratings and ReviewsSee All
The boardgame-style play is a lot of fun, resulting in many hours of enjoyed gameplay. I love the way this game has made fan creations available. So when you’re done with the main content, you can explore what others have created. Believe me when I say, there is a lot out there to explore! Downside to that, is that the gameplay can get fairly repetitive over time. Even so, I find myself coming back to this game after periods of taking a break. The only reason this game does not earn five stars is the fact that there are still bugs in the game that have never been fixed. Most notably, scrolls of speed are broken, and certain weapons don’t show graphically, so when you attack it looks like you’re punching the monsters out. The black sword has that issue, and then maybe one more I think. Overall, this is an outstanding game that holds true to the simplicity of the original board game, while providing enough new content to keep old players interested.
Fun Turn Based Dungeon Crawler
What can you say but good things about this reasonably priced game? Good graphics, Excellent iPad interface, Replay-ability, easy to save and quit at any time and go back to when you have a minute.
I only have a few critiques and questions:
1) When the entire dungeon level is cleared out you should be able to push a button and send everyone to the exit without having to roll your number of steps/moves…
2) When not in combat everyone should just have a standard number of moves Because when you’ve got 4 characters and everyone rolls nine except one that rolls two it slows down the game unnecessarily and delays you getting to where you need to go
3) I understand the addition of randomness and “fog of war” that is added by rolling your move went in combat but not outside combat; Outside of combat it’s just annoying
4) I have not found the speed scroll to be useful ... maybe I’m not using it right but it doesn’t seem to double the move of the character who uses it... maybe include the use of scrolls another and magic items in the tutorial?
5) Since you can sell weapons or armor that you find in the dungeon to the blacksmith, why can’t you sell potions and spells and stuff that you find that you don’t really need?
5) The freedom to name your characters whatever you want as well as some options as to their appearance would be nice touches
This game is the original board game play as advertised. I cannot replace my child hood memories with anything better then the digital versions of them. Highly recommended! Even with a few of the glitches that still need to be worked out, this game is everything it needs to be and more.
- Marco Pravato
- 192.9 MB
Requires iOS 8.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- Age Rating
- Frequent/Intense Cartoon or Fantasy Violence
- © Nex Game Studios - All rights reserved
- In-App Purchases
- Support Package $1.99
Challenge friends and check leaderboards and achievements.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.