Sketch, Doodle and Design to Scale
Use Archisketch as you would a tracing pad. Sketch. Draw to
scale. Layer over your sketch to further develop your ideas.
Erase. Add symbols, colour, text and dimension lines. Import
images or plans to set the scale. Zoom in without loss of
quality. Rotate a shape, a layer, or the entire drawing to try
Visualize your ideas in 3D and see them in context. Use smart
one- and two-point perspectives, and adjust your perspective
grid and view point. Align your perspective to an image, and
your lines automatically snap to the vanishing point. Print your
drawings to scale up to A1 size, or export sketches to use in a
CAD application or Adobe Creative Cloud.
Archisketch is a scale-aware sketching program ideal for
Architects, interior and landscape designers, product designers,
design students, or anyone working with design on an iPad.
To learn more or watch a short video, visit our website.
Key features include:
* Apple Pencil support
* Smart one- and two-point perspectives
* Scaled grids, including isometric and axonometric grids
* Guide lines, which can be subdivided equally or into specific distances
* Infinite canvas size with infinite zoom
* Zoom in and out without losing quality
* Import and export PDFs
* Build new drawings layered on archival drawings
* Scrapbook for managing image assets
* "Share Extension" adds images and PDFs from other apps
* Cut and Paste retains scale awareness
* Dimension lines
* Add custom symbols to the set of included symbols
* Export sketches into CAD applications
* Add text and company logo to exports
* Adobe Creative Cloud support for both importing and exporting
* Print directly from the iPad up to A1 size
Resolved issue with multi-tasking with iOS15
Added printing facilities for sizes Arch A, B, C, D
Ratings and Reviews
Good Start but Needs More Development
Lots of good and useful tools for architects but needs some more work to make it a truly useful, must-have app for architects.
1. Documentation of features is very weak, limited to some brief tutorials. I have to figure out how to use some features/tools not covered in tutorial by trial and error. Some tools such as how to get consistently sized text I still haven’t figured out.
2. Support is non-existent.
3. Desperately needs a Cut-and-Paste Tool to select a portion of a drawing or a group and copy it to another drawing. That one tool can change this app from pretty good to a “must have” app. There is a duplicate tool, but that doesn’t use the clipboard to copy to another drawing or app.
4. Needs to import PDFs. I don’t understand this shortcoming because the app can export in PDF format. It only can import JPEGs.
5. It has some built in objects to use in drawings. Personally I wouldn’t use any of them but I’d really like the ability to create my own objects to add my own objects to the menu to use in other drawings.
6. Finally on the apps website it sounds like you can add the optional extra feature package after purchasing the base app. This is incorrect, you only have the option in the App Store to purchase the base app or the app with options features. You can’t add the optional features once you purchased the base app. I recommend purchasing the app with optional features.
Pretty good except....
I got this app to make site measures more efficient. I love that I can actually read my notes now! However, when I try to send myself a drawing the "send" button is grayed out and I cannot hit send. I even tried to send a message to the help team and that didn't work either. Kindof a bummer since that is an advertised feature that I'd like to use.
Overall is a pretty good app, but definitely took some practice to get used to.
Developer Response ,
This seems to be an issue with the way your emails account is setup. Are you using Apple Mail or an alternative email client. Please send us an email to firstname.lastname@example.org to try to resolve this issue. Thanks. Archisketch team
I’ve downloaded and experimented with others - SketchBook, Arrette, Procreate, Concepts, Morpholio, Adobe - and they all have excellent capabilities. However, Archisketch has a more complete assortment of the tools I need for landscape design drawing, in one place, than the others.
It is highly intuitive for a new user and the help screens linked to subject videos are the best instructional feature among all the apps I’ve used. 90% of all my questions, as a new user, have been anticipated by the developers in the help screens and linked videos. The other 10% are thoughtfully addressed by tech support (thank-you Reza).
I may continue to export my drawings to other apps for special added effects, but the more I dig into this app the more I discover it can do, and the less I need to look elsewhere.
This review from a senior now transitioning to digital drawing after 35 years in the the world of paper, pencil, pens and brushes.
Data Not Collected
The developer does not collect any data from this app.
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- Open Screen Limited
- 13.8 MB
- Requires iPadOS 13.6 or later.
- Requires macOS 11.0 or later and a Mac with Apple M1 chip or later.
- Age Rating
- © Open Screen Ltd
- In-App Purchases
- Archisketch - Full Version $17.99
- Full Version with All Add-ons $30.99
- Colour Plus Pack $7.99
- Advance Colour & iCloud Bundle $14.99
- iCloud Plus Pack $8.99