Archive catalogs the contents of your removable media and devices such as CDs, DVDs, Flash Memory Drives, HDs, etc. so you can quickly find the information you are looking for even when those devices are no longer connected to your Mac.
Key features include:
• Fast & efficient catalog engine: Archive rapidly catalogs and efficiently stores information about the contents of any device or folder you select.
• Quick searching: Find files from a catalog, group, or all your catalogs by name or extension or create powerful custom searches.
• Catalog update & naming: If you select an existing device or folder to catalog, Archive offers to catalog it with a new name or update it.
• Multi-column browsing: Can't remember what you called a file? Archive lets you easily browse through your catalog contents.
• Organize your catalogs: Create groups so you can quickly find the catalog you want to browse or limit your search to.
• Detailed info: Archive stores and displays file names, locations, creation & modification dates, size, and labels.
• Sidebar for easy access: Archive provides a central location to select and filter your catalogs & groups and access your searches.
• File launching: Found what you were looking for? Connect the device and Archive can attempt to launch it for you.
• Archive 7 automatic data import: Archive verifies and imports your catalogs & searches into a new efficient format when you first open the app.
• Feedback: I want to hear from you. Archive has a built-in interface to send your comments, questions, suggestions and bug reports.
• Help: With the built-in help interface you can browse topics in the contents list or quickly filter the topics to find the answers you need.
Bug fixes and other improvements.
Ratings and ReviewsSee All
works as advertised, is fast but lacks auto-update features
I purchased Archive to give it a try.
I do like the simplicity of it and given that it created a catalog of a 500Gb drive in less than a minute I am satisfied with the speed.
The only negative thing is that there is no automatic catalog updating so if you add some files to your archive you have to then remember to update the catalog of your archive.
Hopefully the developers will add this feature in a future release!
Catalog my drives
I have a couple dozen external hard drives from the last few years. What's on which drive? I have been looking for this program for a while. This is it! It works. It is simple. And so far seems very quick.
I would like to be able to print out my searches and have not yet figured out if that is possible.
Bought this to replace Media Catalog which is no longer supported. I'm running on 10.7.3 and it's horribly slow when searching for keywords in the database. Won't even let you finish typing without it getting bogged down and showing the spinning beach ball.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.