arcSail - Advanced iOS race scoring software for your sailing club.
arcSail can be quickly setup to score a single or multi-day regatta while powerful enough to score several season-long series simultaneously.
With its easy to use, familiar, touch interface for iPhone and iPad including many hand-crafted elements, arcSail makes scoring simple and intuitive. Scorers can tap boats to finish and drag them into any order that makes sense. Custom time, number and calendar controls make setup easy and in app tips help get you started quickly. Sailors, Boats, Events and Fleets can be pre-configured from Registration data, so that running races on the water is a snap. Once the race is run, handicapping and penalty calculations are applied instantly and results can be immediately emailed to shore (with in-app purchase on a data-capable device).
Wide range of scoring features including:
• Multiple simultaneous fleet starts and finishes can be tracked.
• Simultaneous short and long series calculations are supported using Low Point, Bonus Point, High Point Percentage, Low Point Average or Chips3 systems.
• One-design uncorrected fleets or mixed fleets using wind-strength corrected North American Portsmouth Yardstick or PHRF handicapping.
• Calculations are based on the 2013-2016 RRS & Appendix A guidelines.
With in-app purchase:
* Results can be emailed or Air Printed in HTML format for easy display on the club website or bulletin board.
* Data can be backed up and swapped between devices.
(but you may want to get a waterproof, life jacket for your device!)
Finally, you will know who is buying the drinks before you reach the shore!
bug fixes for burgees and reporting
Ratings and ReviewsSee All
Tried to use for a race but couldn’t figure it out
I tried to set up and run a single regatta with three fleets. The software is very limited and I couldn’t figure out how to do PHRF Time-On-Time corrections. It seemed to only do Time-On-Distance. And then when I tried to enter the finishing times for the boats after the race, it would only accept elapsed times, not the finish time. Thus, corrected times were not correct. I confirmed the error by doing a separate spreadsheet to calculate finishes. I have used Sailwave and like it a lot but I wanted an iOS solution for iPad. I may give it another try but it needs a good tutorial.
Developer Response ,
Thanks for the feedback, sorry to hear you are having trouble. Could you please email us with more details (you can use the Feedback link on the Settings page). To use PHRF Time-On-Time you would edit the Fleet and turn off the toggle that says Time-On-Distance. You also need to ensure each race includes the distance (in nautical miles). Our website at http://arcsail.com has been recently updated and has new guides. - Claire
No Details Provided
The developer will be required to provide privacy details when they submit their next app update.
- Smartphone Design Ltd
- 18 MB
- Requires iOS 9.0 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 9.0 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 9.0 or later.
- Requires macOS 11 or later and a Mac with Apple M1 chip.
- Age Rating
- © 2016 Smartphone Design Ltd.
- In-App Purchases
- Enable Email Output $9.99
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.