Be rude. Be rough. Be bold. Be tough!
Arctic Pro Synthesizer / Vocoder is a modern subtractive synthesizer. It does not aim to accurately model or re-create vintage synths of yesteryear. Instead Arctic Pro offers the contemporary synthesist a rude, rough, bold and tough palette of sound to get stuck into. Including two massively fat HyperOscillators, dual filters, and easy to re-order master effects. While the Vocoder, used in conjunction with a suitable microphone, adds an extra dimension to your musical performance.
Combine two HyperOscillators and one Sub Oscillator for some seriously fat sounds. Layer up to 8 oscillators in unison to create very thick and powerful tones. Spread detune and Mix these separate oscillators in real-time. More than just a "SuperSaw" - it's also a Super-square and Super-triangle.
Legendary sound designer John ‘Skippy’ Lehmkuhl has exclusively designed the factory presets. John has worked as a professional sound designer since 1988 for Korg - making patches, combinations, drum kits as well as creating the sample data for almost every synth Korg has released since the M1. If you have owned one of these historic synthesizers you have heard John's presets.
Arctic Pro includes everything you need to record and share your audio and MIDI with others. Live record to WAV and MIDI files. Use AudioCopy, open audio directly in apps, or share with Kymatica AudioShare. Presets and Banks can be emailed and transferred via Wi-Fi and iTunes Files Sharing. And of course we also support Audiobus.
• Synthesis: analog modelling
• Polyphony: up to 4 voices
• HyperOscillators: 2 per voice, alias free, saw, triangle and square with pulse width, hard sync, ring mod, noise generator, sub-oscillator
• Filter: 2 multi-mode resonating filter with 4 filter types and variable routing
• Envelopes: mod, filter and amp ADSR envelopes with adjust curve
• Modulation: 2 LFOs with multiple wave shapes, sample and hold, 3 routable destinations per LFO, independently sync-able
• Effects: stereo master effect processors with adjustable order: 3-band EQ, Distortion, Chorus, Phaser, Vocoder, Delay, Reverb
• Arpeggiator: classic arpeggiator with octave shift, MIDI-sync-able
• Sequencer: 16 x 4 gated step sequencer with multiple modulation destinations, MIDI-sync-able
• Keyboard: glissando, scroll, multi-touch poly pitch bend and aftertouch
• Works with Wizdom Music's Geo Synthesizer continuous pitch bend
• Polyphonic Aftertouch for use with CME Xkey
• Inter-App Audio for iOS 7
• AudioCopy 2.0
• MIDI Learn
• Live phrase recorder with audio and MIDI export
• File and patch sharing via iTunes File Sharing, e-mail and Wi-Fi
• Supports external MIDI in and out via CoreMIDI Networking and USB with the Camera Connection Kit
• Audio background operation
• Virtual MIDI Ports
• Open Music App Collaboration compliant
iPad 2 or later recommended
iOS 7.0 or later
- Maintenance release
Ratings and Reviews
Nothing to write home about...
(Yawn) Doesn't seem to have an output for audio to Bluetooth... $5 would been a more appropriate price in my opinion... Oh well, Caveat emptor! ✌🏻️😎🎹
Another 10 dollar sucker
Well I should have read the reviews before hit buy on this one.
It crashes if the cable is attached, can’t change preset patches and it appears that the knobs don’t actually do anything.
Major improvement over Arctic Keys
This is a step in the right direction! All the shortcomings and, IMHO, goofiness of Arctic Keys seems to be addressed. These shortcomings kept me away from that apps and I felt it unfortunate because I thought the synth had mega potential. Well, this is what I have always thought it could have been! Great crisp interface...with legible, BIG, graphic interface that one doesn't have to squint at! Gone are the superfluous graphic special effects...you know, that faux rack thing. All the levels per preset are, well, level with one another. I am glad to have spent the $10 on this! I saw this right away, had a short debate in my head as to the pressing need for yet another subtractive synth in my iPad arsenal...and comparing with my gripes over the Arctic Keys issues I had, and decided to go for it...I am really glad I did! Thank you One Red Dog
Data Not Collected
The developer does not collect any data from this app.
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- One Red Dog Media Pty Ltd
- 48.8 MB
- Requires iPadOS 11.0 or later.
- Age Rating
- © 2013 One Red Dog Media Pty Ltd
Up to six family members can use this app with Family Sharing enabled.