ARG Tools is a set of tools, reference material, and links for anyone who plays Alternate Reality Games, participates in transmedia storytelling, or solves puzzle trails. The tools range from decoder-ring style codebreaking to countdown timer prediction. The reference material includes word frequency, morse code, semaphore, and more.
Included in this package are:
◦ Search for words matching patterns (e.g. all possible crossword answers)
◦ ROT-N (from 1 to 26, including ROT-13)
◦ Vigenere / Beaufort
• Character Encodings
◦ Letters to numbers (1..26) and ASCII
◦ Nautical Flags
◦ Moon Alphabet
◦ Morse code (two representations)
◦ Myst D'ni Glyphs
◦ Phonetic alphabet
◦ Pigpen Cipher (two representations)
◦ Roman Numerals
◦ Semaphore (two representations)
• Tools and Reference
◦ A red/green/blue color mixer with hex and decimal values
◦ A list of common English words, letters, letter pairs
◦ Billiard ball colors
◦ Countdown timer prediction
◦ Dart board scoring
◦ Dewey Decimal System
◦ ISO Country Codes
◦ Mathematical Constants, Prime Numbers
◦ Music Notes and their Frequencies
◦ Periodic Table
◦ Resistor Color Codes
◦ Zodiac, Chinese Zodiac
◦ Quick access to Google, Wikipedia, Sudoku Step-Solving, Encyclopedia of Integer Sequences
The design goals of this application include:
• Easy to use in the field
• Downloadable over the air so you can quickly obtain it without computer access
New in version 2.1:
• Pattern matching now has RegEx-like bracket syntax. Brackets work like the question mark, but limit the match to any letter within the brackets instead of any letter at all.
• Billiard ball colors
• Dart board scoring
• Integrated news update system
• Added link to Puzzle Hunt Calendar
• Fixed UI crash bug in pattern matching
Ratings and ReviewsSee All
Can you update the app so it can be compatible with my version?
A Wonderful App
Everything you'll ever need. Never had an issue ever since I had it. Since this is now a Legacy App it's awesome they created a new app for people using iOS 10 and above.
This is a very useful app. I like all of the information igives on encoding/decoding. The only problem: I can't find the dictionary it talks about.
The developer, Netninja.com, has not provided details about its privacy practices and handling of data to Apple.
No Details Provided
The developer will be required to provide privacy details when they submit their next app update.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.