*** Argon4 has been released, if you are interested in Argon, do not use Argon3, but visit http://argonjs.io and learn about argon.js and Argon4!
The Argon Augmented Reality Browser was the worlds first Augmented Reality browser based on open web standards. Argon3 is the next step in the revolution started by Argon and continued by Argon2 Isotope, seamlessly integrating advanced AR technology with iOS web technology. Argon3 enables traditional web developers to create augmented reality applications that combine the iOS device hardware sensors with computer vision tracking technology, making it simple to move the Internet off your desktop and into the world around you. Argon3 delivers AR experiences exactly the same way traditional web experiences are delivered, by entering a URL into the address bar. Visit the Argon developer site to see how to create your own AR-enabled web site.
Documentation and tutorials for creating AR-enabled web content for Argon can be found on http://argonjs.io, the github.com site for the argon.js library used to create platform-independent AR web content.
*** For best results we recommend an iPhone5s or later. Argon3 leverages a variety of iOS device sensors including the camera, gyroscopes, compass, and accelerometers.
- We've been cleaning up the app and the SDK. There are numerous small bug fixes in this release.
- We've updated the Vuforia to version 5.05, and updated the PGP library (for decoding vuforia license files) to a newer version.
Please make sure your Argon web applications still work, especially those that use Vuforia. Please join our argonjs Slack (http://spam.cc.gatech.edu:3600) to report problems and get help.
- sometimes Vuforia will fail to initialize properly. Please restart the application if this happens.
Ratings and Reviews
Just came to cart from Clark
- Georgia Tech Research Corporation
- 22.1 MB
Requires iOS 9.2 or later. Compatible with iPhone and iPad.
- Age Rating
- You must be at least 17 years old to download this app.
- Unrestricted Web Access
- © 2015-2016 Georgia Tech Research Corporation
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.