The new FOS Mobile App for iPhone and iPad brings all the essentials of scheduling and flight planning to your fingertips.
A must have app for aviation professionals on the go. Works online and offline.
FOS Mobile requires FOS companion desktop application (version 3.11.4 or later) and/or International Trip Support Services, provided by Rockwell Collins ARINCDirect Flight Services.
Flight Operations System (FOS) on the go with access to:
- Aircraft Schedules
- Trip and Leg Details
- Crew Duty times and Briefing
- Flight log Entry
- Expense Submission
- Maintenance Item Visibility
- Safety and Service Issues
- Document Management
- ARINCDirect Flight planning Integration
- Flight Risk and Fatigue Integrations
Tools Rockwell Collins International Trip Support including:
- Trip Creation and Submission
- Complete Trip Details
- Access to Permits and Handling Information
Included for the iPad is a Worldwide offline Airport Directory:
- Lookup Airport information when offline in flight
- Text weather (Metars, Tafs, Pireps, FD Winds, 7 day forecast)
- Notams (all types)
- Rockwell Collins Fuel Prices
- Hotels (vendors/FBOS)
- Local area information
1. New Airport Data.
2. Minor Bug fixes and enhancements.
Ratings and Reviews
I’ve tried for months to make the switch. I REALLY REALLY TRIED. Our fleet has experienced so much pushback by our pilots, most have abandoned it for using the old version until it disappears. Old FOS was great. It looked cohesive and orderly.
Fine. You need to make adjustments. Why is new FOS such a completely reworked app? It is so totally different it’s hard to look at. And that’s the best part...
1) Everything is centered (hard on the eyes)
2) There are 2 lines for a 1 leg trip. (Takes longer to figure out what we are looking at. It all looks the same!!!)
3) can’t delete a receipt entered on the wrong line. (We have to bother accounting to do so)
4) going from leg details back to the main schedule screen, it “JUMPS” and you lose track of where you were.
5) given a trip to a 4 letter identifier, old FOS would have the name and place of the location. New FOS doesn’t that I can find.
6) for no apparent reason, some of my tail numbers have multiplied on the schedule.
I legitimately can’t think of ANYTHING that is an improvement for a pilot. It’s like a CPA or engineer with ZERO input from the field wanted to start from scratch. Listen to the crowd and adjust the product!
The app has gone so far downhill in the last few weeks/months I hope that our company just switches to anything else soon. Works maybe 1% of the time if you have hours to keep trying to refresh everything and even then good luck trying to get all the information you need. Youd think maybe they would try to fix anything but it has only gotten worse more recently.
Logging out 4 times per day
Seriously, FOS has the capability to doing some amazing things BUT its usefulness is exceeded by its design flaws. Why am required to resubmit reports multiple times? Why am I required to log in (up to 4 times in a 24 hour period) to check my schedule? In recent weeks, I have spent more time troubleshooting; deleting and reinstalling this app, attempting to make sure I am running the most current version and logging back in and making corrections, than I do any other function. When I have to renter my credentials multiple times in a day just to log in and check my schedule, the program then fails to become a resource and becomes more or less an unreliable “annoyance.”
Data Not Linked to You
The following data may be collected but it is not linked to your identity:
- Usage Data
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- Rockwell Collins Inc
- 231.1 MB
- Requires iOS 11.0 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 11.0 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 11.0 or later.
- Requires macOS 11.0 or later and a Mac with Apple M1 chip or later.
- Age Rating
- © Rockwell Collins, Inc. 2011-2016