ARIS is a tool for making location based games, stories and Art.
People all over the world are creating content for ARIS using an easy online authoring tool.
Join us at http://arisgames.org
- Use GPS, iBeacons and QR Codes to link to virtual characters, items, panoramics, HTML5 apps and media
- Create and Place virtual Items that can be picked up by players, exchanged, used and moved around in a persistent AR world.
- Author virtual characters that talk with your players, giving them information, exchanging items and responding to their choices.
- Design Quests for players to find particular information/items, talk with characters and collect media recordings at particular locations.
-Connect the game into outside systems using web hooks, arduinos, flash apps etc.
This project was created with support from:
- University of Wisconsin - Madison (UW Madison)
- MacArthur Foundation
- The New Learning Institute
- The Pearson Foundation
- Minnesota Historical Society
- The Library of Congress Teaching with Primary Sources Initiative
- The Wisconsin Department for Public Instruction
- Added support for displaying a popup message from plaques and dialogs
- Fixed tap interaction not working in dialog lines
Ratings and Reviews
I am a big fan of the program however it will not load for the past two days! It crashes the instant it comes up. I am designing a game for a huge conference based on the ARIS platform and now I am worried that it won't work or us...
Crashes before even using
I have been working on the app hoping to finally see it work in this app. I can’t even go past the profile picture because it keeps crashing, and it’s been a year and there’s still reviews coming in about that. Don’t even bother to download, it’s useless
Can’t even start it
I was really looking forward to creating some content with this app and exploring what it can do, but it crashes before I can even upload my player photo (which should be able to import from my camera roll, and not just take it on the spot).
iOS 11.2.6 on an iPhone 6s
- Field Day Lab
- 50.3 MB
Requires iOS 8.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
English, French, German, Japanese, Russian, Spanish
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- © David Gagnon
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.