The Armenian Genocide app is a reference tool to raise awareness and teach about the first Genocide of the 20th century. With maps, a detailed timeline, quotes, survivor accounts, historic dispatches and news reports, the app provides an immersive experience of one of the most important human rights issues of history.
- Four interactive maps: plan of the Genocide, demographics before and after, destruction of cultural monuments, and treaty borders. Throughout, relevant place marks are linked to Wikipedia.
- A timeline of events at three levels of details, linked to the map and Wikipedia.
- Historic quotes, dispatches/telegrams, news reports.
- Survivor accounts.
- Add your voice to the discussion of the topic by commenting and tagging a world map.
- Resources for further reading: websites, books, documentaries, websites.
Compatibility update for iOS 9.3
Ratings and ReviewsSee All
Great App for Education
This app is a great educational tool. It provides good information about the Armenian Genocide. The map section is great because it shows what happened in each part of the country. The voices section is great because it provides first hand accounts of actual survivors of the genocide. It is always good to read about real people.
Insightful & Informative
This app does much to shed light on one of the horrific acts in history. The timeline is a great way to show the evolution of events, but I wish there was a dictionary and more links to background information for those of us unfamiliar with certain terms. The app should be more fluid in its interface and it would help tremendously to provide more context, as in the WHY'S? Why were the persecuted chosen and how did they not see the treacherous nature of events unfolding after their leaders were killed? Some cultural context is necessary to truly understand and prevent such horror done by mankind.
I was very surprised upon opening this app. The level of detail that went into the UI of this app is great. Love the maps. Also truly tell the history of what happened to our people 100 years ago. Turkey is guilty of genocide and the will not get away with it. GETSEH HAYASTAN #turkeyfailed #neverforget #armeniangenocide #AraratIsOurs🇦🇲🇦🇲🇦🇲🇦🇲🇦🇲🇦🇲🇦🇲🇦🇲
- Vatche Sahakian
- 55.8 MB
Requires iOS 8.1 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- Age Rating
- Frequent/Intense Realistic Violence
- Frequent/Intense Mature/Suggestive Themes
- © 2015-16 dopplerthepom.com
- In-App Purchases
- Tier 2 Contribution $1.99
- Tier 10 Contribution $9.99
- Tier 1 Contribution $0.99
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.