The legendary ARP sound, exquisitely reproduced in software.
ARP ODYSSEi - A mobile analog synthesizer for iOS.
The ARP Odyssey of 1972 has earned an unshakable position as a classic analog synthesizer. In 2015, KORG produced the ARP ODYSSEY, a complete reproduction of the original. The ARP genes that shook the worldwide music scene are being passed on, and its history continues.
The next platform for the ARP ODYSSEY is iOS. We want the unforgettable ARP sound to be easily available on a device that as many as possible of today's players can obtain; this resulted in the "ARP ODYSSEi" app for iPad / iPhone. Based on the revived ARP ODYSSEY, we used KORG's proprietary CMT circuit modeling technology to reproduce the analog feeling and sound of the original as closely as possible. We've also given it numerous enhancements that are possible only with software, such as long-awaited polyphony and built-in effects.
The real analog ARP ODYSSEY, and now the uniquely evolved ARP ODYSSEi, brings the universal fascination and inimitable sound to every device.
* Due to differences in CPU speed of iPads / iPhones, iPad 3rd gen/2/iPad mini/iPhone 4s are not supported, only iPad Air/iPhone 5s or later is recommended.
[ Features ]
- Faithfully models the circuit of the ARP ODYSSEY: The circuitry has been reproduced using KORG's proprietary CMT (Component Modeling Technology), developed over the years starting with the KORG Legacy Collection.
- New functions to create all-new ARP sounds: Added a voice assign mode that allows you to play chords, an arpeggiator that can be programmed in detail like a step sequencer, and effects that can transform the sound in diverse ways.
- Get all three of the sought-after revisions: In addition to the standard design of the Rev3 with its black panel and orange silk-screening, you can optionally obtain the white-paneled Rev1 and the black-paneled gold silk-screened Rev2 designs, together with fifty new preset sounds that take advantage of the distinctive filters of those models.
- Produce music together with KORG Gadget: ARP ODYSSEi can be used in conjunction with the "KORG Gadget" music production DAW app that has won numerous awards around the world. If both apps are installed, it can be used as the "Lexington" gadget inside the KORG Gadget app.
More info at korg.com
Improved app stability.
Ratings and Reviews
Best iOS Synth by a mile in 2021
It took me forever to buy this, and I’m honestly shocked to say it is easily the most powerful synth I have in my collection, including the Model 15. Sorry Moog. You would never know what a beast this is just by looking at it.
The modulation and effects options on this really make it astonishingly flexible, particularly the sequencer. This thing can do it all, and can control nearly any parameter. You can combine and break the modulation pathways with just as much freedom as with a modular. Smartest design ever.
The synth itself sounds absolutely amazing, and the fact that you can choose a universal tuning setting (mine will be forever set to the beautifully unstable analog setting) is such a plus. There’s a great collection of filters and effects, and if you really analyze the presets you will quickly see you can do pretty much anything you want with it.
I do wish it had midi learn within the app. I was able to program the cc numbers into my launchkey 61, so it is fine, but that was rather tedious. Absolutely worth doing though.
So this is a genuine fully fledged virtual analog instrument that I wish I bought years ago. If I could only have one, this would be it. This could be my only drum machine too. Don’t miss out on it any longer.
I bought this synth many years ago when it first launched and I wasn’t into synths very much yet. Fast forward 5 years and I have bought over 15 synths from vintage analog to new hybrid. This version of the Odyssey keeps up with the best of my real life synths. Not only does it sound great, but also has multi-voice polyphony, incredibly real sounding filters, and effects modules that further make this synth one of the most versatile I’ve ever used. Running my iPad’s output into my audio interface and an analog outboard sweetener makes this synth indispensable for creative noodling to recording. I’m glad I pulled the trigger on this so long ago, because this synth is easily one of my favorite virtual synths ever made.
Developer Response ,
We're glad to hear you enjoy the Odyssey and other synths.
We hope to keep supporting you in your music journey with our apps and devices.
All the best,
KORG App Team
Excellent, but problematic
I have just purchased ODYSSEi, and for the most part, really like it. It's more like a true analog synth, with respect to programming, than most of my other iOS synth apps. This doesn't make it one of my favorite apps, but in terms of workflow, it's pretty analog. I am not hugely enamored with most of the stock sounds, but in a matter of a few minutes, I was able to tweak a few to my liking. What I find odd is that in hardware, Korg is truly one of my favorites, but I find this to be far from true in the iOS Korg app world. Inside of Gadget, ODYSSEi runs under a different name, and appears to underwhelm, severely. First of all, user edits in ODYSSEi don't show up when it's opened up in Gadget, which makes it almost useless for me, with respect to Gadget. Secondly, almost all the arps don't work when the app is opened up in Gadget. What a bummer, Korg!
Data Not Linked to You
The following data may be collected but it is not linked to your identity:
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- KORG INC.
- 232.5 MB
- Requires iOS 9.3 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 9.3 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 9.3 or later.
English, Arabic, Armenian, Catalan, Czech, Danish, Dutch, Finnish, French, German, Greek, Hebrew, Hungarian, Indonesian, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Malay, Norwegian Bokmål, Persian, Polish, Portuguese, Romanian, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Slovak, Spanish, Swedish, Thai, Traditional Chinese, Turkish, Ukrainian, Vietnamese
- Age Rating
- © 2016-2022 KORG INC.
- In-App Purchases
- Odyssey Rev1 $4.99
- Odyssey Rev2 $4.99