Arpeggist is a MIDI Note arpeggiator with a very flexible step matrix editor for programming and a unique “rolling dice” random arpeggio generator. You can build arpeggios from scratch or use one of the factory arpeggios as foundation. You can also create an unlimited number of user arpeggio presets.
Just play a chord or a single note and it gets transformed into a grooving monophonic synth line or a rhythmical chord pattern.
Full featured programmable Arpeggiator
• User programmable sequences with up to 32 steps.
• Can trigger single notes and chords.
• Unique randomizer generates Arpeggios with 100% usability.
• 40 Factory arpeggios included, unlimited user arpeggios possible.
• For each step you can program tie (bound notes), accent, transposition and note order
• Use to control MIDI compatible Synthesiser
• Play trigger notes live with the onscreen keyboard.
• Optionally use CoreMIDI compatible hardware keyboard.
• Chord generator plays complex chords on one finger playing.
• Internal sound generator.
• Selectable Arpeggiator MIDI Output port.
• Dozens of scales selectable
• Variable Keyboard layout for scale optimized playing
• Audiobus 2 compatible (Input slot) with Preset saving.
• Inter App Audio
• Exchange user presets with File Sharing in iTunes.
• Support for virtual MIDI input/output connections.
- virtual MIDI was broken
Ratings and Reviews
Very old app, hope it gets updated
Was good once, now it is no longer used and updated. au3 and ableton link support, please
Needs another update ASAP
The one time this app worked without crashing
on iPad Air 2 it was fantastic! Wonderful arp, great randomization tools. Etc
BUT after that, even after reinstalling IT CRASHES EVERY TIME I try and assign midi in
and out. PLease update, as I love your apps
and would give this one five stars if it just worked
Poor External ClockSync, Transport Stop/Start, MIDI controls
👯 it's just like the arpeggiator section for all of other Virsyn synths. Right now, it literally feels like one of their other synths that's been gutted with only the arp section remaining. It's a decent arpeggiator, but needs improvement with control and interoperability with other MIDI gear. ⚠️
🎹🕤🚫🕜🎹 Unfortunately🙇🏻, as far as I can tell, there's no apparent control for external ClockSyncing and no reliable way to trigger transport Stop/Play from other apps—so one must wonder, 'what's the point?'
Musicians who like Virsyn instruments will probably not be not be disappointed 🔜 when the devs do eventually release an update the problems I've mentioned, but for now this🌱 1.0 release has limited functionality.🚼
If you have StepPolyArp by Laurent Colson, you probably do not need this unless you prefer the arpeggiator control interface of VirSyn's synths.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.