*** iTunes App Store Achievements ***
• Achieved Best New App ranking in Music Category
• Featured App in Producers & DJs Music Category
Arpist is a high performance MIDI generator for iOS, combining a world class arpeggiator with advanced rhythm and musical transposition features.
Arpist is user friendly, easily adaptable into both iOS and MIDI hardware workflows.
Note that Arpist is not a synthesizer and therefore makes no sound on its own. Please enjoy Arpist with your favorite keyboard or iOS synth app!
ROBUST MIDI SUPPORT
• App-to-app MIDI
• Supports CoreMIDI-compliant iOS hardware
• Supports Network MIDI over WiFi
• Send and Receive MIDI Clock
• MIDI Learn for MIDI Remote Control of Arpist parameters
• Send Start/Stop playback commands
• Tap Tempo | 20 – 500 BPM
• Rate | Whole Note – 1/64th triplet
• Gate | 0 – 100%
• +/- 4 Octaves
• Hold / Add incoming notes
• Use Song Blocks to automate through sets of parameter values
• Set a unique number of beats to each Song Block
• Pitch quantization for all Major and Minor keys
• Diatonic and chromatic transposition
• Velocity Range and Randomizer
• Swing Amount
NUANCE & STYLE
• Set each step to play loud, soft or be skipped
• Retrigger patterns on any step
• Render chord hits on any step
• Pre-configure note sequences with integrated virtual keyboard
• Use integrated virtual keyboard to play live
• Performance improvements and bug fixes
• Add MIDI output option to send to "All MIDI Apps" so that unadvertised destinations, such as GarageBand, can receive MIDI from Arpist
Ratings and ReviewsSee All
A universal app that is a great iPhone Arpeggiator for single thumb programming. The iPad version is exactly the same scaled up and oriented for portrait use. Overall, it's a useful melody sketch sequencer that one can chain up to eight patterns of various lengths so you can keep it simple or make a complex melody. Each pattern can be set separately to a number of pattern types available e.g. As Played, Up/Down, Inward/Outward, Low Pedaltone Descending, Douple, Octuple, Follow Octave, Random, etc. Tempo relies on itself as a source using standard Midi Clock or can track timing from other sources. While MIDI as a timing source is good and reliable with no strange timing artifacts, it could use Alberton LINK so I wouldn't have to use another app like MIDI Link Sync.
To the people complaining that the app does not produce sound, if you read the description it clearly says the app does not produce sound on its own; It has to be connected to a synth. It is not cool to leave a bad review of a product for not doing something that the description said it doesn't do. It's like giving a bad review for a CD player because you can't play a cassette on it (showing my age).
Very cool app
Beautiful design, nice features. Thanks!
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.