Find great art wherever you find yourself. The best way to locate, preview and get to classic works of art around the world:
• Locate: easily find museums and other art locations near you, or near where you're planning on going
• Preview: view major works from their collections, in thumbnail grids or full-screen, with detailed captions. And more when used with ART AUTHORITY.
• Get there: get directions, check their Web site, even give them a call
Featured in the NY Times Travel section! Art Alert is based on our award-winning ART AUTHORITY app line, and its Internet database of nearly 900 art locations, 1500 western artists, and 100,000 paintings and sculptures. Art Alert features include:
• Easy to use map-based interface with pins for each art location
• Search for locations by name, city, country
• View works from each location
• Captions with work title, artist, date, and other details
• Gallery-like, scrolling thumbnail view. Tap a work for full-screen view, or tap-and-hold for caption.
• Information about each location, including its address, phone, Web and Wikipedia sites
• Get directions
• Call the location directly (iPhone)
• View the location's show in Art Authority if installed
• Access to 10GB worth of art optimized for quality and download speed through our servers (works still under copyright come from authorized servers)
Support for iOS 10
Ratings and Reviews
Dismal museum listings
I bought the Art Alert app yesterday, expecting it would be a comprehensive guide to art museums and galleries in the cities I visit.
I was appalled to find that for Houston, Texas, which some consider the most art-filled city between Chicago and LA, was represented by only one listing. Mind you, the Menil is a world-class collection, but it is secondary to the astounding, encyclopedic collections of the numerous galleries and house museums of the Museum of Fine Arts, Houston!
What were the developers thinking? What other cities are so poorly represented?
The world of art at your fingertips
Art Alert is simply the most amazing art app available. The breath and depth of reach into the world of art museums and their offings worldwide is stunning. This app allows one to visit hundreds of the worlds art museums and places where art of all types is available from the comfort of your iPad. Plus more museum locations and art is available with every update, (which is frequent). This is truly a first shot in an art revolution. Keep up the great work. And, oh I need to mention that a sister app called "Art Authority" an app which explores art and the people that create it Is available to deepen ones art experience.
Needs much more content
I like art authority but this app would be far more useful if all the museums that have pins also had content instead of a web address. It also does not have many museums that have works that would be worthy of a visit in some major cities. This app could be great but the developers have lot of work to update the app to make it worthwhile enough to charge money for it.
- Open Door Networks, Inc.
- 3.1 MB
Requires iOS 8.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- Age Rating
- Rated 12+ for the following:
- Infrequent/Mild Mature/Suggestive Themes
- Infrequent/Mild Alcohol, Tobacco, or Drug Use or References
- Infrequent/Mild Sexual Content and Nudity
- © (c) 2008-16 Art Authority LLC
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.