Art in Motion is a new kind of art application. It’s based on the idea that art should evolve with technology. The iPad is the best multi-touch device on the market, and it is packed with huge processing power. Standard drawing can be very fun, but it hardly makes full use of these advancements in technology.
How does Art in Motion compare to standard drawing?
• With Art in Motion you create a scene instead of a painting.
• Instead of drawing mountains, or trees, you customize and add orbs to your scene.
• Instead of looking at your drawing, you watch your orbs come alive.
• Unlike a painting, there is motion and life in your creation. You can even interact with your scene.
• In a painting colors don’t change, in the scene colors fade and flow constantly.
What are some examples of scenes I can create?
• By adding many small orbs with little friction and bounce, you can create a water effect. It can slosh around realistically as you tilt your iPad.
• You can create a large orb with gravity, and many smaller ones. Watch them as they orbit around like comets flying around a star.
• You can create a scene where brilliant colors follow your fingers as you touch the screen.
• You can create a scene where you fling fireworks with your fingers and watch them explode into beautiful colors.
• Powerful physics engine
• 20 bundled scenes (to play with and study)
• Intuitive interface for creating new scenes of your own
• Full multi-touch support, so all 10 fingers can play at once
• Many settings allowing for unique and one of a kind scenes
• Clear documentation
• VGA out support
What are people saying about it?
• "... very organic, smooth, I like it a lot!" Jordan Rudess from Dream Theater!
• “It’s what they would use on board the USS Enterprise for entertainment” G. C.
• "Be prepared to melt away hours of your night!" J. S.
• “Every iPad owner should have this app, there’s nothing like it!” C. K.
This app has been updated by Apple to use the latest Apple signing certificate.
Small bug fix
Ratings and Reviews
A very interesting App
I have to say it is brilliant, but if you could make like slide shows of the scenes you create would be awesome... I don't know if the creator will be throwing in more updates.. but I have to say you can make good scenes after couple of hours of work with it. It's nice and well worth the money if it had a few extra features... like different movements of the particles in the scene depending on how many fingers you touch the screen with.... other than that it is a good app and interesting, fun to play with it especially while listening to some trance track :P .
The app is well worth the money. It has stunning graphics. The app's 20 interactive levels isn't just all the fun, but the scene creator is awesome. I've already created lots of scenes, but it would be better in scene creator if you could set visual and physics for the orb(s) you are placing instead of setting them for the entire scene. Overall, it is a great app, and I recommend you get it. For people who don't know how to bring up the menu, you tap 2 fingers on the screen, one after another.
beautiful, addictive, meditative
I love this app. I can spend hours just whooshing my fingers around my iPad and creating the most beautiful art. It's really made me appreciate the tactile nature of the touch screen, and think a little bit differently about how art works -- not just a static thing to look at or even a pre-recorded animation to watch, but something infinitely variable and at my command. I have not seen another app like it, not even close. Congratulations on a beautiful product!
The developer, PDJ Apps, has not provided details about its privacy practices and handling of data to Apple.
No Details Provided
The developer will be required to provide privacy details when they submit their next app update.
- Pavel Doichev
- 8.5 MB
- Requires iPadOS 8.0 or later.
- Requires macOS 11.0 or later and a Mac with Apple M1 chip.
- Age Rating
- © Pavel Doichev
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.