Art Set has been No.1 iPad app in over 30 countries around the world. Now completely re-written with some of the most advanced artistic digital painting and drawing tools ever created!
An 'App of Day', this giant new version has tools with incredible levels of realism and many professional features.
Exclusive artistically created brushes, from real world art mediums through to the purely digital for all styles of artwork. Watch fluid Watercolor flow and run as you paint. Express your strokes in 3D giving thick gloopy paint you can even etch back into.
Maintaining Art Set's philosophy of the most powerful drawing and painting tools with the simplest of interfaces, we've designed the app to be as calm and easy to use as possible and with a clean new look.
It's also a must for any Apple Pencil owner! Art Set brushes have many additional expressions that come into play, some deeply integrated, with new levels of sensitivity you may have never experienced before!
It's now free to download for the first time ever!
INCLUDED FOR FREE :
- Oil Paint, Watercolors, Oil Pastel, Pencil, Biro Pen, Marker, Wax Crayon, Blenders and more!
- Fluid dynamic simulation for Watercolor
- 3D Paint
- Custom blending achieving rich deep color
- Art Set keeps track of where the canvas is wet, dry when needed
- Turn on Slow Draw for drawing to lag your stroke. Create smooth curves and lines; great for calligraphy!
- Blur Filter with localised quick masking
- Color Wheel
- User Editable Palette
- Metallic Colors
- Time-lapse Video Recording; share how you made your artwork stroke by stroke.
- PSD Export
- Fully customizable workspace; have just a single brush or tools on every side of your screen.
- Zoom, Pan and Rotate the canvas for fine detail
- Light low contrast or Dark high contrast mode
- Minimalist UI for less interference with your artwork
- Latest graphics technology written entirely in METAL 2
- Supports the iOS Files app to manage or or transfer documents
- iTunes File Sharing
- Auto save
- Split Screen Multitasking - use a reference image whilst you draw side by side
- Export to your photo album, email, AirDrop or social networks etc.
- In-depth User Guide in the app complete with video
PREMIUM PRO FEATURES - Single Upgrade Unlocks everything :
150+ ADVANCED BRUSHES
- Wide variety of extra hyper-real Paints, Pens, Pencils, Inks, Chalks, Pastels, Charcoal, Wet media, Stamps, Splatters, Form, 3D Texture to basic Pixel and Flat Digital
- You can try out all premium brushes on a test area before upgrading!
- Flood fill
- Pixel Art
- Shape primitives for Ellipse, Circle, Square, Rectangle and Line in any brush
- Echo shapes for special FX
- Erase mode - use any brush as an eraser
- Adjust brush Size, Opacity, Flow, Grain, Loading and Dynamics
- Layer Masks
- Transform, move, rotate and scale
- Adjust Opacity
- Layer maintains resolution whilst transformed
- Blend Modes
- Alpha lock
- Cut, Copy and Paste, to and from other documents or other Apps
- Drag and drop layers from other apps
- Import from your photos
CUSTOM HIGH-RESOLUTION CANVASES
- Choose any resolution canvas size, the highest being dependent on your device capabilities
- Set DPI and canvas dimensions in millimeters, inches or Points and Pixels
- Great for pixel art or tens of millions of pixels - if device allows
- Papers and Canvases from old cardboard, raw canvas, graph, squared and isometric paper
- Display P3 WideColor on supported devices
- Auto Color Sample, allows you to easily turn photos into paintings
- Color picker
- Localized adjustments, allow you to tweak all or just part of your image via quick masking
- Change Hue, Saturation, Brightness, Recolor, Invert, Contrast and Blur
- Auto backup, saves snapshots
- iOS Pasteboard or Drag and Drop to or from other apps
- Import photos and images
Art Set is a wonderful creative addition to any iPad!
- Bug Fix on transparent pixel rendering
Ratings and Reviews
Express your artistic side without filling the spare room with easels and art supplies. Art Set 4 turns your iPad into a digital canvas where you can use felt markers, oil paints, watercolors and more. Each feels true-to-life: watercolors glide with a swipe of your finger (or Apple Pencil), while oil paints build up with each stroke.
Not able to create square canvas
I’ve been a user of the ArtSet app from when it first hit the AppStore and upgraded to the pro set. A fabulous app for $10! Love the different tools and it’s a very robust art app, definitely well worth the money and a HUGE thanks to the developers for not making it a subscription app. I’m loving working with the different brushes and new features. One issue I’m having though is I work in the square 99.5% of the time. When I type in a square dimension the app elongates the canvas in a strange way but won’t allow me to make a square. I’ve tried pixels, points, and inches to no avail. Hoping this is a minor bug and annoyance in an otherwise stellar app. Thank you LOFOPI for continuing to make ArtSet a wonderful and user friendly alternative to Procreate. The India Ink is just lovely and I love the way the tool set is so intuitive. Are the slow draw option is such a welcome addition. Highly highly recommend this app in your art arsenal. Ten stars. Please fix square canvas option. 😁
Still exploring..needs gesture Undo
I’ve been using this app now for a few weeks and I’m enjoying the nature of the full suite of tools. There’s much to explore and endless hours of experimenting ahead. For now I’ll say I’m truly enjoying it. It’s great for conceptualizing as a designer and I can see spending hours with each tool just expressing with the different types of media.
The tools are lag free (iPad Pro 12”). The only “request” I have that I can’t seem to live without at the moment is a two-finger (gesture) tap erase function, which has become standard on many of the top art apps competing with this one. It’s just second nature at this point for many of us using Procreate or Paper to 2 finger tap to erase, so I find myself having to look for the undo button. That can become frustrating after a while if your hand is at rest and you are trying to achieve a certain style that requires accuracy with more editing (it’s just tedious and poorly located as a touch button). I did look for a way to set tools as hand gestures and found none at this point so I’m guessing it doesn’t exist (would be happy if I were wrong). Otherwise, this is an amazing app, far better than the other 3D paint apps out there. Worth it and will bring hours of enjoyment for mixed media designers or art lovers.
Data Not Collected
The developer does not collect any data from this app.
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- Lofopi Ltd
- 152.4 MB
- Graphics & Design
- Requires iPadOS 12.4 or later.
- Age Rating
- © 2020 Lofopi Ltd
- In-App Purchases
- Unlock All $9.99
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.