Articles is a beautiful Wikipedia reader for your iPhone and iPod touch.
Just enter a search term and let Articles find the Wikipedia entry you are looking for. Use the integrated maps feature to learn about interesting places and historic events around your current location, or anywhere else in the world. Or simply shake your device and let Articles find an entry for you. Mark interesting entries you want to read in the future and search text in the currently open document.
- Apple Design Award 2010 Winner
- App of the Week in the United States, Germany, United Kingdom and many other countries
- Best Reference App at the 2010 and 2011 Best App Ever Awards
- O'Reilly App Smackdown: Best App for Wikipedia
"Wikipedia is free on the web, right? Why spend even a couple bucks to wrap it in an app. The answer is interface. You can do far more, far more easily, with a native app than you can do with a web page." – Rene Ritchie, iMore
"There are a bunch of dedicated Wikipedia iPhone apps, and there are several I like. But I like Articles best. It’s fast, it looks great (including the formatting of articles), and it has a very clever MobileSafari-inspired UI." – John Gruber, Daring Fireball
Tips & Tricks:
- Double-tap (and hold) on the article to display the Chapter Index control.
- Tap the status bar to scroll back to the search bar.
- Pinch the article view to increase or decrease the text size.
- Tap-and-hold a link to open an article in a new page.
- Shake your device to open a random article.
- Tap and hold on text to copy and paste article content.
- Tap and hold on links and images to reveal more actions.
- Tap and hold the Toolbar to start customizing all items.
- Pull down the article view to lock or unlock the current screen orientation.
- An all new and modernized app icon.
- Bug fixes and tweaks.
- If you like Articles, please consider leaving a review. That helps us a lot. Thanks!
Ratings and Reviews
Great app, pitiful logo design
Worthy of 5-stars until they changed the icon. App is responsive and more functional than Wikipedia, but the icon doesn't have the elegance or Apple-like design it once had. Shame.
The most beautiful and intuitive interface to wikipedia you'll find. I love the tap and hold to save articles to read later. And the tap and hold to customize the toolbar (which is the first time I've seen this in an app). Great support too. I've reported a couple of obscure layout bugs in the past and the dev hasn't given up until they were fixed. Thanks Sophia!
I've tried numerous wiki apps and this is by far the best. Being able to open multiple pages is very handy! Never had any issues with this app. Must say though, I do hate the icon change, loved the original..
- Sophia Teutschler
- 6.1 MB
Requires iOS 6.1 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
English, Danish, Dutch, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Portuguese, Russian, Spanish, Swedish
- Age Rating
- Rated 9+ for the following:
- Infrequent/Mild Mature/Suggestive Themes
- © 2008-2014 Sophia Teutschler
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.