ArtikPix is an engaging articulation app with flashcard and matching activities for children with speech sound delays. Among the many features in ArtikPix, group scoring is available with an unlimited number of students per group in the flashcard and matching activities. Scores can be collected as students practice sounds in words and sentences.
Utilizing fun and modern graphics, ArtikPix is a free application offering the 'b' deck with 23 additional decks available as In App Purchases: ch, d, f, g, h, j, k, l, l-blends, m, n, p, r, r-blends, s, s-blends, sh, t, th, v, w, y, z. ArtikPix has a total possible 24 decks with 40 cards each (113 cards in r deck, 1,033 total cards). As part of a step-by-step process, decks and corresponding sound positions are configured for student profiles. The configurations are saved for each student, so they are automatically available in the activities.
In ArtikPix, the flashcard and matching activities have features in common like audio and video recording, default audio, and group scoring. The activities do have differences, though. The flashcard activity includes word and sentence levels; whereas, the matching activity includes the word level with 3 matching levels: Easy (3 pairs), Medium (6 pairs), and Hard (10 pairs).
ArtikPix includes the following features:
• Group scoring for an unlimited number of students
• A wizard (aka setup assistant) provides a step-by-step process to easily configure the following for each new student: name, decks, sound positions, syllable lengths, grammatical levels (word, sentence), and matching level
• A student profile provides an easy way to view student notes and scores, and to update student configurations
• Auto-play of default audio
• Tap-to-play default audio
• Audio and video recording features - videos can be saved to your camera roll
• Collect data by tallying independent and prompted responses for student sound positions (e.g., initial th, er)
• Take notes for a student in or out of a session
• Tallied data is automatically converted to percentage based data
• Student data organized by sessions that are open or completed; the latter of which can be reopened
• Create custom cards for use in the flashcard and matching activities
• Data rings provide a better view of student scores
• Export student data for a range of dates to report progress during a period of time
• Configurable options across the app for audio (e.g., tap-to-play), and visual (e.g., hide matched cards).
• Undo tallying mistakes by tapping the undo button at the bottom of each activity screen
- Matching replay feature
- Bug fix for activity button tap
- Increased minimum deployment target
- Updated copyright year
- Updated Swift version
Ratings and Reviews
This is a fantastic articulation app! There are so many features, it makes it very easy to adjust the app to meet your needs. I think the amount of cards you get for the price (40 cards per deck) is unbeatable when compared to the cost of standard articulation flashcards. Not only do you get flashcards, but three matching levels as well so there are plenty of options for using the cards. I also really like how the in-app purchases give me the option of getting just what I need for my students. My students really love it, especially the matching activity, and this is a feature I have not seen available in other articulation apps. You cannot go wrong with this app!
As a parent working on articulation at home I love this app! I really love the recording feature and the sentence cards. The one thing I would change however would be the scoring icons and sound effects. The frowny face and "awww" when they miss one is a bit discouraging. I would love to have just a check or a plus or something - and a way to turn the sound effects off. Thanks! I will definitely look for more great add-ons to this app.
I was disappointed with the pictures, vocabulary selection and the phoneme selection for many of the processes. For stopping there is no initial /f/...but there is both initial and final /th/...which would be the last targets I would even think of picking. This is an odd choice, especially for the preschoolers who would most likely be stopping. This is also true for FCD as well. There is no /f, p, t/ but there is /v,z/...odd. As far as pic and vocabulary selection, for "lie" there is a pic of stick figure taking an oath with a big red X over it. Not too many preschoolers would ever get that. For "sue" there is a pic of legal scales and a stick figure looking at it...again, not kid friendly, and how many young kids know what "keen" is. There is no multiuser option for groups like there is in ArtikPix...how come. The playback feature does not work on iOS5 and shuts the entire app down. Overall a big disappointment.
In-App PurchasesSee All
- Expressive Solutions LLC
- 104.4 MB
Requires iOS 11.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- © 2010-2019 Expressive Solutions LLC
- In-App Purchases
- s deck $2.99
- All Decks $29.99
- r deck $5.99
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.