Keep exploring with Google Arts & Culture. Meet the people, visit the places and learn about the events that shaped our world. Discover collections curated by experts from the most famous museums. Be moved by stories depicted in thousands of photos, videos, manuscripts and artworks on every type of screen and in virtual reality. Find your favorite artworks, create your own collections and share them with friends.
Google Arts & Culture has collaborated with over 1,200 international museums, galleries and institutions from 70 countries to make their exhibits available for everyone online.
- Zoom Views - Experience every detail of the world’s greatest treasures
- Virtual Reality - Grab your Google Cardboard viewer and immerse yourself in arts and culture
- Browse by time and color - Explore artworks by filtering them by color or time period
- Virtual tours - Step inside the most famous museums in the world and visit iconic landmarks
- Personal collection - Save your favorite artworks and share your collections with friends
- Nearby - Find museums and cultural events around you
- Exhibits - Take guided tours curated by experts
- Daily digest - Learn something new every time you open the app
- Art Recognizer - Learn more about artworks by pointing your device camera at them, even when offline (at select museums)
- Notifications - subscribe to receive updates on the top arts & culture stories
- Location: Needed to recommend cultural sites and events based on your current location
- Camera: Needed to recognize artworks and provide related information about them
- Contacts (Get Accounts): Needed to allow sign in with a Google account, in order to store users favorites and preferences
- Storage: Needed to allow artworks to be recognized and related information to be access while offline
• Try the newest Pocket Gallery - The Art of Color
Ratings and Reviews
Google Arts and Culture
The Google Arts and Culture application is the type of application people who are curious about the cultures of the world dream of. To start off the design is in balance with a clear color background and minimal text regarding categories and article titles. Users can easily navigate the main sections of the app from the bottom tab. The app can also be used in various ways whether consuming information from the content provided which ranges from classical artworks articles on historical figures, science as well as a range of other topics. The app can be used to create content by way of galleries the user constructs. The app can even be seen as a observational lens through use of Virtual Reality and Selfies. A short review can’t do this application justice. It is well worth a download just for the ability to enrich your imagination.
Selfie option DOES work!
I'm not sure why people are writing reviews, saying that the selfie option doesn't work, because it worked perfectly fine for me. It took me two seconds to scroll down the home page, find the selfie option, read about how it is new and experimental, take a selfie, and find pieces that resembled me. Maybe it only works on certain devices, but as the owner of an iPhone 6, I assure you, the selfie option works phenomenally. Also, there are countless informational texts and articles regarding art(ists). This app is amazing and I 10/10 recommend!
Needs a lot of work
Excellent app in theory however the programming needs a lot of work. Very poor in app functionality such as moving smoothly between images and back to previous menu pages, landscape view is off, when zooming into images you are then unable to continue scrolling to next image without first returning to previous page. Also, many artist pieces are missing. I scrolled through all of the Surrealism pieces looking for Salvador Dali and did not find a single piece by him. Then when I go to Dali’s page on your app, there are barely any of most famous pieces. That is the case for many artists offered on this app. Another example would be Hieronymous Bosch. If these things were all corrected, you would have an excellent app and I will happily change my rating.
- Google LLC
- 122.8 MB
Requires iOS 10.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
English, Afrikaans, Basque, Cambodian, Catalan, Czech, Dutch, French, German, Hindi, Hungarian, Indonesian, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Latvian, Polish, Portuguese, Romanian, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Spanish, Thai, Traditional Chinese, Turkish, Ukrainian
- Age Rating
- Rated 12+ for the following:
- Infrequent/Mild Sexual Content and Nudity
- Infrequent/Mild Alcohol, Tobacco, or Drug Use or References
- Infrequent/Mild Mature/Suggestive Themes
- Infrequent/Mild Profanity or Crude Humor
- © Google, Inc.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.