*** This is the LEGACY version. ARTSTUDIO PRO, the successor to this app, is available now with many new features and improvements. Find it by searching for “Artstudio Pro” on the Mac/iOS App Store.
ArtStudio is the most comprehensive, sketching, painting and photo editing tool in the App Store. Completely re-designed from the ground up the new ArtStudio features a beautiful new user interface and a powerful new graphics engine to make creating works of art faster, easier, and more fun! Using advanced drawing algorithms this is the fastest and most precise version of ArtStudio to date.
See the video:
"It doesn’t matter whether you’re a skilled artist or a newbie; ArtStudio is for you."
"This is what PhotoShop Mobile wishes it had been."
If you like this free version, please consider buying the full version with bigger canvas size, save/load layered project in internal gallery, export in PNG or PSD format, more import/export options, custom brushes, more layers.
- iPhone 5 fully supported
- canvas size: 320x480, 320x568 (iPhone 5)
- 16 tools: select, pencil, wet paintbrush, dry paintbrush, spray, dots, eraser, smudge, bucket fill, gradient, text, clone, heal, blur/sharpen, dodge/burn, eyedropper
- 150 HIGH QUALITY BRUSHES
- select tool: rect/ellipse/lasso/magic wand/by color, add/sub/intersect, contract/expand/round corners/border/...
- text tool: over 150 system fonts, special text layer to easy edit text
- favorites list to quickly access user's favorite brush settings
- fully customizable stroke settings: blur, flip, size, opacity, spacing, fadeout, squeeze, angle, speed-size, speed-opacity, random flip, scatter, jitter-spacing, jitter-angle, jitter-size, jitter-squeeze, jitter-opacity, jitter-hue, jitter-saturation, jitter-lightness
- support for bluetooth styluses
- symmetric drawing
- guidelines, grid
- shapes: lines, rectangles, ellipses, polygons (open, closed)
- layer options: add, duplicate, merge down/visible, delete, lock alpha, show/hide, link, name, reorder, opacity, blending modes
- layer masks
- layer/selection transformations: move/scale/rotate with multi-touch, flip, rotate left/right, fill/erase
- distort (skew, perspective etc)
- 21 layer blending modes: normal, multiply, add, difference, screen, overlay, hue, saturation, color, value, ...
- import from 'Camera Roll'
- export to 'Camera Roll'
- multi-touch navigation with unlimited zoom
- undo/redo with almost infinite number of steps
- image resize (none, bilinear, bicubic, lanczos interpolations) , change canvas size, crop
- 40 filters: gaussian/motion/radial blur, sharpen, unsharp mask, add noise, render clouds, edge detect, border/vignette and more
- ELASTIFY filter used to make incredible distortions
- adjustments: brightness/contrast/exposure, hue/saturation/lightness, color balance, temperature, shadows/highlights, CURVES, auto contrast/colors/white balance and more
- video tutorials
## IPAD VERSION AVAILABLE IN APP STORE ##
- bug fixes
Ratings and ReviewsSee All
Amazing! (minus export and gradient)
I usually would give 5 stars, because it is a wonderful app, but i was really disappointed by the export.
When you export something, it blurs it. I was using it for a pixel work, but when using it that small when i exported it it was just a blob. Also it makes the transparency white. Also the gradient tool, its very simple and i like ones where you can gradient through more colors. It hoes from your current color to white or transparency, you cant have it go through a whole rainbow.
This is for the lite version, I have yet to buy the full version.
Other than that, it's really a great app. I love the zoom tool, you can zoom in really far. As in 2 million percent, which i discovered is the max. Also, the select tool is usefull as is the color picker. My favorite has to be the pencil though, because you can choose a smooth edge or pixelated edge, and you can set seperate entrance and exit widths.
Move over Gimp, there’s a new editor in town
A little difficult to learn at first but once I figured out where everything was and how it worked It became a lot easier to use. I can create exactly what I want very quickly on my phone. I am surprised by the functionality and the shear amount of free things you can do with this app. So many brushes and options. I am very impressed and love using this app. This is the best art and photo editing app in the store. If you like Gimp and are disappointed by the app they made, you should definitely give this a try. I use this mostly for making helpful pictures regarding game strategies and for photo editing, but I have also used it for quickly sketching out an idea and then texting it to someone. This is such a versatile app and provides you so much free stuff up front that you'll find it hard to believe something like this exists in a world of micro transactions and additional downloadable content. I said it once and I’ll say it again, I love this app. Thank you for making this. You should receive an award or a medal or a parade in your name for creating this app.
This is, by far, the best art app on the App Store. I've been looking for a good digital art program for ages, and this one is my favourite. It gives you a good amount of tools, layers, colours, and other useful features, and the finished product looks amazing. I also like how this version doesn't press you over and over to get the full version. It's just like, "Hey, if you want more canvases and layers and stuff, just buy the full version! :>" It doesn't constantly remind you and take away vital tools. My only suggestion is maybe make the canvas less pixelated and blurred? It's hard to draw small things on such a pixelated canvas, and when you export them they look all blurry, like you pulled them off of Google images or something. But other than that, excellent game! I will be buying the full version once I have the money.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.