Introducing Artstudio Pro, the most powerful painting and photo editing app available for both macOS and iOS . The successor to our famous ArtStudio app has been redesigned bringing many new features and improvements taking full advantage of the latest technologies Metal, iCloud Drive, and optimized for 64-bit multi-core processors to achieve the smoothest possible workflow.
Hundreds of assets are included and users have the ability to import resources in the most popular formats (ABR, TPL, PAT, GRD, ASE, ACO) giving instant access to millions of brushes, patterns, gradients, color swatches and fonts. It will boost your creativity and help you bring your ideas to life quickly and easily.
The powerful GPU accelerated ArtEngine developed by Lucky Clan is 5-10 times faster than the previous engine. It allows working with multiple documents, supports large canvas sizes and an unlimited number of layers. Incredible optimization ensures smooth work even with large canvases.
• Multiple open documents
• Canvas size: 256Mpix
• Unlimited layers
• 27 tools: Move, Select, Crop, Eyedropper, Paint, Wet Paint, Eraser, Bucket/Pattern/Gradient Fill, Smudge, Dodge, Burn, Sponge, Text, Heal, Clone, and more
Flexible layer system
Artstudio Pro introduces a new layer system with grouping, non-destructive layer effects, and adjustment layers.
• Masks, clipping masks
• Adjustment layers
• 9 layer effects: Bevel/Emboss, Stroke, Inner Shadow, Inner Glow, Outer Glow, Color/Gradient/Pattern Overlay, Drop Shadow
• 27 blending modes
• Text layers
• Transform multiple layers simultaneously
Advanced Brush engine
Perfectly optimized, lag free mechanism generating smooth, real looking strokes, making the most of the stylus.
• Brush size up to 4000x4000
• 64-bit painting with pattern, double stamp, wet brush, dynamics
• Brush editor with 80 customizable settings
• Over 100 built-in brushes divided into a few groups: Painting, Sketching, Markers, Inking, Dots & Specks, and more
• Symmetric painting with custom symmetry line
Professional photo editor
Photo editing options developed in cooperation with professional photographers. Each feature was tested in several scenarios and light conditions.
• 15 adjustments available as non-destructive layer or simple adjustment: Brightness/Contrast, Levels, Curves, Exposure/Gamma, Shadows/Highlights, Vibrance, Hue/Saturation, Color Balance, Temperature/Tint, Black and White, Gradient Map and more
• 4 auto adjustments: Auto Contrast, Levels, Lightness, Saturation
• Dozens of filters with realtime preview and the ability to generate seamless patterns
• Inpaint, Elastify (Liquify) ,Lighting, Depth Of Field, Denoise
• Retouching tools: Heal, Dodge, Burn, Sponge and more
• Image resize, Canvas resize
• Crop using special tool, crop from selection, trim transparent areas
We have implemented many parsers from the most popular assets/images formats and we are especially proud of our ABR/TPL parser which not only reads brush stamps and patterns, but also most settings which are converted to Artstudio Pro brush engine values.
• Images - PNG, JPEG, PSD, HEIC, TIFF, GIF, most raw formats
• Brushes - ABR, TPL
• Color swatches - ASE, ACO
• Patterns - PAT
• Gradients - GRD
• Fonts - TTF, OTF
• Images - PNG, JPEG, PSD, TIFF, PDF
• Full iCloud integration
• Screen recording
• All features available on macOS, iPad and iPhone
• Selection displayed as marching ants, quick mask or invisible
• Snapping to guidelines, dynamic guidelines, grid
• Perspective grid assist
• Mirror (flipped) view
• Canvas rotation
Minimum System Requirements
Artstudio Pro for macOS requires a Mac running macOS 10.11 El Capitan or above
- fixed wrong color profile when loading some raw photos
- fixed setting bold/italic in text containing few font sizes
- fixed first stamp color when using Paint dynamics and Auto Load Paint
- improved quality in Flat blending
Ratings and ReviewsSee All
I was attracted to this app because of the recording feature similiar to procreate, but being able to use it on desktop. I've tried just about every digital art app there is. Sketchbook, photoshop, clip studio, medibang, krita, you name it. They all come with their pros and cons. Just downloaded this app probably 10 minutes ago so I dont have much experience with it yet. Also to the reviewer having trouble with deleting his selection, you need to press CMD delete. Just pressing delete on its own deletes the entire layer.
No reason why you shouldnt get this
In the infinite sea of photo editing apps, this one is one I found on a website that reccomended affordable apps for photo editing. This is now easily my go to for touching up photos (blimishes and things vanity needs to remove from images). I started on the IOS app and its super easy to use and I truly love it. Its the tiny little brother of an early version of Photoshop CS with all its layering and options, but it packs a mean punch. Im an amateur photographer and editor (Teacher to be exact) With this app and learing how to use it quickly, I seem to be a creative pro to my friends and clients ( I have a side photography business). Dont listen to the haters, if you are worried about the price, try the IOS version from the apps store itself first and see if you like it. Its the same on the MAC etc. You cannot import large photos on the IOS version (but they auto resize it for you) for smaller projects that turn out super. If you are an amatuer like me and would like a great product. Get it. Learn it. Live it. You wont be let down. :) BTW, I do not write reviews as I can be a bitter man from time to time with technology. This is a bitter sweet purchase and something you won’t regret. Learn the HEAL tool, it will turn your Child Painting into a Picasso.
Excellent Support and Customer Service
I primarily use Art Studio Pro for all of my digital artwork. I have found that it is easy to navigate and also to produce work that is high quality. I have had issues in the past with the program, and when I addressed this to the support staff, they worked out what problems I noticed right away. If you’re having trouble using Art Studio Pro, the support staff are very good about fixing bugs. They are also very personable and want to make sure that you are getting the most out of your use of Art Studio Pro. So, for those who may run into issues, don’t hesitate to reach out to Support. They will definitely go to whatever lengths needed to improve the functionality of this program.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.