Black Friday sale - 50% off on both subscription and lifetime license!!!
Introducing Artstudio Pro, the most powerful painting and photo editing app available for both iOS and macOS. The successor to our famous ArtStudio app has been redesigned bringing many new features and improvements taking full advantage of the latest technologies Metal, iCloud Drive, Apple Pencil, and optimized for 64-bit multi-core processors to achieve the smoothest possible workflow.
App is based on the powerful GPU accelerated ArtEngine developed by Lucky Clan. It allows working with multiple documents, supports large canvas sizes and an unlimited number of layers. Incredible optimization ensures smooth work even with large canvases.
• Realistic Color Pigment Blending
• Canvas size up to 64Mpix
• Unlimited layers
• Multiple open documents
• 27 tools: Move, Select, Crop, Eyedropper, Paint, Wet Paint, Eraser, Bucket/Pattern/Gradient Fill, Smudge, Dodge, Burn, Sponge, Text, Heal, Clone, and more
• Full iCloud integration
Flexible layer system
Artstudio Pro introduces a new layer system with grouping, non-destructive layer effects, and adjustment layers.
• Masks, clipping masks
• Adjustment Layers
• 9 layer effects: Bevel/Emboss, Stroke, Inner Shadow, Inner Glow, Outer Glow, Color/Gradient/Pattern Overlay, Drop Shadow
• Text layers
Advanced Brush engine
Perfectly optimized, lag free mechanism generating smooth, real looking strokes, making the most of Apple Pencil.
• Brush size up to 4000x4000
• 64-bit painting with pattern, double stamp, wet brush, dynamics
• Brush editor with over 100 customizable settings
• Over 150 built-in brushes divided into multiple groups: Pens, Pencils, Oil Painting, Inking, Charcoals, Airbrushes, Watercolor and many more
• Symmetric painting
Professional photo editor
Photo editing options developed in cooperation with professional photographers. Each feature was tested in several scenarios and light conditions.
• 15 adjustments available as non-destructive layer or simple adjustment: Brightness/Contrast, Levels, Curves, Exposure/Gamma, Shadows/Highlights, Vibrance, Hue/Saturation, Color Balance, Temperature/Tint, Black and White, Gradient Map and more
• 4 auto adjustments: Auto Contrast, Levels, Lightness, Saturation
• Transform: Basic, Perspective, Warp
• Dozens of filters with realtime preview and the ability to generate seamless patterns
• Inpaint, Elastify (Liquify)
• Retouching tools: Heal, Dodge, Burn, Sponge and more
• Image resize, Canvas resize
• Crop and Trim
Create animation from layers or groups and finally export it to one of the most popular animation format
• Scrollable timeline view with Play/Pause
• Onion skin
• Customizable Frame duration
• Always visible layers
• Export to MP4, HEVC, Animated GIF/PNG
We have implemented many parsers from the most popular assets/images formats and we are especially proud of our ABR/TPL parser which not only reads brush stamps and patterns, but also most settings which are converted to Artstudio Pro brush engine values.
• Images - PNG, JPEG, PSD, HEIC, TIFF, GIF, PDF, most raw formats
• Brushes - ABR, TPL
• Color swatches - ASE, ACO
• Patterns - PAT
• Gradients - GRD
• Fonts - TTF, OTF
• Images - PNG, JPEG, PSD, TIFF, PDF
• Floating panels for Colors, Layers, Brushes etc
• Screen recording
• Customizable Quick menu
• Customizable Shortcuts
• Snapping to guidelines, dynamic guidelines, grid
• Perspective grid assist
• Mirror (flipped) view
• Support of iPad Drag and Drop, Split View, Sharing Extension, Open In, Clipboard
Free version limitations:
• locked Saving
• canvas size limited to device screen size
• layers count limited to 3
• export only to jpg
• locked animation export
Minimum System Requirements
Artstudio Pro for iOS requires iPhone or iPad running iOS 15.0 or above
It is now possible to purchase a Lifetime License even if the subscription is still active
Ratings and Reviews
Long Time User, Missing Some Features from ArtStudio
I have been using ArtStudio since the first version on the iPad 1 and I do all my digital art on it. It’s a great app to have when you’re on the go and still want to work on art. ArtStudio Pro introduces a lot of good features, like customizable color palettes, rotating the canvas, and a much nicer Lasso tool. The Apple Pencil works great with it, especially the Taper brush.
Being that this is an app I swear by and recommend to everyone, I do have only two main complaints.
In the original ArtStudio it was possible to make custom brushes. I used this to make grass, flower, and tree brushes that were VERY handy. ArtStudio Pro does not seem to offer the ability to make custom brushes, and I’ve had to hold off from doing landscapes unless I want to draw everything from scratch.
Secondly, resizing the canvas was much easier before, as you could choose the dimensions and then crop your art with a square that would encompass the area you wanted to keep. In ArtStudio Pro, there is no preview of the resized canvas, so it’s all guesswork on what dimensions to use and where to crop.
I paid more money for this so it doesn’t make sense it’d be missing things the old app got right. I will probably be using this app til the end of my days, so hopefully they can add these features in newer updates to make things a bit easier for those of us who enjoyed the other app too!
Developer Response ,
To create custom brush in Artstudio Pro first prepare black shape on white background, then tap File>Add Preset>Add Brush
Canvas resizing - we will improve that soon
Can you please add a lot of more stuff in art studio pro
Describe the problem / suggestion:
I love art studio pro
Dear lucky clan I have ideas to make art studio pro even better can you please add more options under the curves and add a option to go up to 100 mirrors in the symmetry and please add a option to change the shape of the color picker for example a triangle and a circle a hexagon there is no HSV sliders in the color picker please add it and please add a lot of more filters and please add a warp option in the transform and please add an option to customize the slider bars and the interface for example you can change the color of it please make the brush engine more powerful and please add an option for you can draw with 2 or more fingers and please add the edge option and crystals option and more options under the elastify filter and please add a online gallery and please add options for 3 finger swipe up 3 fingers swipe down 3 fingers swipe left 3 fingers swipe right and 3 fingers tap and 2 fingers tap in performance and please add define hot keys buttons please make art studio pro the most powerful drawing app in the word make it a lot closer to desk top photo shop please add a lot of more stuff that I did not think of
From tommy ❤️😘💕🙏😂🎉😍🥰😘😍🥰😚😝🤞🤞🤟🏼👩❤️💋👨👨❤️👨👩❤️👩👩❤️👨👨❤️💋👨👩❤️💋👩❤️🧡💛💙🤎🤍🖤💜❣️💕🤍💔☮️💟💝💘💖✝️💟♥️
Needs some work
To start off, let me say that I LOVE ArtStudio and Luckyclan. The original ArtStudio has allowed me to create my best visual art since I was in eighth grade, up until now— I’m in 11th grade.
This is a very sleek app, and clearly a lot of thought has gone into its development as well as time and energy. However, it is very tiring and almost frustrating to use it from what I have seen so far, with a lot of features it doesn’t need and a lot of unnecessary steps to do things a single command would do. It seems TOO responsive and very sensitive at times, especially to rotation and zooming, and the transform option is not very responsive. The UI and the way the brushes functioned in the old app, as well as the delay/lack thereof on certain things in the old app was what made it attractive to me as a learning artist, and it still is! The complication of the new app is what makes it so hard to use, as for a person like me, a user-friendly setup is COMPLETELY required. Its interface is nice, however it is NOT user friendly. Too complicated with too many hidden features, and it’s so... I don’t know, flat? Like. It’s not fun to use due to the look of it.
I however am staying positive and looking forward to future updates and will continue to try to learn the app. I’m not giving up just yet! But my main art app for now— as art is how I make money— will have to be ArtStudio for iPad. Thank you!
Data Not Linked to You
The following data may be collected but it is not linked to your identity:
- Usage Data
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- Sylwester Los
- 403.2 MB
- Graphics & Design
- Requires iOS 15.0 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 15.0 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 15.0 or later.
- Requires macOS 12.0 or later and a Mac with Apple M1 chip or later.
English, Russian, Simplified Chinese
- Age Rating
- © Sylwester Los
- In-App Purchases
- Yearly Subscription $4.99
- Lifetime License $19.99
Some in‑app purchases, including subscriptions, may be shareable with your family group when Family Sharing is enabled.