Introducing Artstudio Pro, the most powerful painting and photo editing app available for both iOS and macOS. The successor to our famous ArtStudio app has been redesigned bringing many new features and improvements taking full advantage of the latest technologies Metal, iCloud Drive, Apple Pencil, and optimized for 64-bit multi-core processors to achieve the smoothest possible workflow.
Hundreds of assets are included and users have the ability to import resources in the most popular formats (ABR, TPL, PAT, GRD, ASE, ACO) giving instant access to millions of brushes, patterns, gradients, color swatches and fonts. It will boost your creativity and help you bring your ideas to life quickly and easily.
The powerful GPU accelerated ArtEngine developed by Lucky Clan is 5-10 times faster than the previous engine. It allows working with multiple documents, supports large canvas sizes and an unlimited number of layers. Incredible optimization ensures smooth work even with large canvases.
• Canvas size up to 64Mpix
• Unlimited layers
• Multiple open documents
• 27 tools: Move, Select, Crop, Eyedropper, Paint, Wet Paint, Eraser, Bucket/Pattern/Gradient Fill, Smudge, Dodge, Burn, Sponge, Text, Heal, Clone, and more
Flexible layer system
Artstudio Pro introduces a new layer system with grouping, non-destructive layer effects, and adjustment layers.
• Masks, clipping masks
• Adjustment Layers
• 9 layer effects: Bevel/Emboss, Stroke, Inner Shadow, Inner Glow, Outer Glow, Color/Gradient/Pattern Overlay, Drop Shadow
• 27 blending modes
• Text layers
Advanced Brush engine
Perfectly optimized, lag free mechanism generating smooth, real looking strokes, making the most of Apple Pencil.
• Brush size up to 4000x4000
• 64-bit painting with pattern, double stamp, wet brush, dynamics
• Brush editor with over 100 customizable settings
• Over 150 built-in brushes divided into multiple groups: Pens, Pencils, Oil Painting, Inking, Charcoals, Airbrushes, Watercolor and many more
• Symmetric painting
Professional photo editor
Photo editing options developed in cooperation with professional photographers. Each feature was tested in several scenarios and light conditions.
• 15 adjustments available as non-destructive layer or simple adjustment: Brightness/Contrast, Levels, Curves, Exposure/Gamma, Shadows/Highlights, Vibrance, Hue/Saturation, Color Balance, Temperature/Tint, Black and White, Gradient Map and more
• 4 auto adjustments: Auto Contrast, Levels, Lightness, Saturation
• Transform: Basic, Perspective, Warp
• Dozens of filters with realtime preview and the ability to generate seamless patterns
• Inpaint, Elastify (Liquify)
• Retouching tools: Heal, Dodge, Burn, Sponge and more
• Image resize, Canvas resize
• Crop and Trim
Full iCloud integration
• Save and load images on iCloud Drive or local disk
• View, load, share, delete, move documents in internal gallery or iOS Files app
• Sort documents into folders
We have implemented many parsers from the most popular assets/images formats and we are especially proud of our ABR/TPL parser which not only reads brush stamps and patterns, but also most settings which are converted to Artstudio Pro brush engine values.
• Images - PNG, JPEG, PSD, HEIC, TIFF, GIF, most raw formats
• Brushes - ABR, TPL
• Color swatches - ASE, ACO
• Patterns - PAT
• Gradients - GRD
• Fonts - TTF, OTF
• Images - PNG, JPEG, PSD, TIFF, PDF
• Floating panels for Colors, Layers, Brushes etc
• Screen recording
• Customizable Quick menu
• Selection displayed as marching ants, quick mask or invisible
• Snapping to guidelines, dynamic guidelines, grid
• Perspective grid assist
• Mirror (flipped) view
• Support of iPad Drag and Drop, Split View, Sharing Extension, Open In, Clipboard
• Support of Wacom, Adonit and SonarPen styluses
Minimum System Requirements
Artstudio Pro for iOS requires iPhone or iPad running iOS 14.0 or above
- fixed brush scaling when using Hard Edges mode in painting tools
- fixed sending large files in Share Extension
- few other minor fixes and stability improvements
What's new in 4.0:
- custom document gallery replaced with iOS system Document Browser (like in Pages/Numbers apps)
- added Autohshape feature: just hold the stylus after drawing a shape and it will transform to a neat shape
- added full CMYK support, with 14 CMYK color profiles to use
- added option to change app accent color
- added option to auto keep panels open on app launch
- added option to import / export / reset preferences
- added option to disable "nonlinear" sliders, used in Size slider and few other places
- added option to keep panels open on launch
- now all color controls: wheel, square, sliders, swatches are displayed in color profile from the active document
- improved appearance of Quick Menu
- added left hand mode on iPhone
- added option to export layers as PDF, animated GIF or PNG files
- added bulk export (in Document Browser)
- added sample size to Eyedropper (1x1, 3x3, 5x5 etc)
- added Guide Layout option to quickly add any number of guides with specified gutters and margins margins
- added layer aligning feature in Move tool
- added option to set custom background color in “New Image” popup
- added Bloom filter
- added "Allow Opening Multiple Documents" in Preferences, turn it off to allow only a single document open
- added Pressure Smoothing brush parameter
- added support of "Noise" brush option by Wet Paint and Smudge tools
- added Symmetry support in Bucket Fill / Pattern Bucket Fill in Lasso mode
- Edit > Clear now support multiple layers / groups
- pinned panels are now marked with a “Dot” mark
- panels locations are now kept separately for portrait / landscape / fullscreen
- line drawing mode is now pressure sensitive
- noticeable performance boost
- fixed smoothness of Visualize Touches
- fixed Clear blending in Wet Paint tool for some brushes
- fixed minor stroke delay
and few other small improvements and fixes
Ratings and Reviews
Long Time User, Missing Some Features from ArtStudio
I have been using ArtStudio since the first version on the iPad 1 and I do all my digital art on it. It’s a great app to have when you’re on the go and still want to work on art. ArtStudio Pro introduces a lot of good features, like customizable color palettes, rotating the canvas, and a much nicer Lasso tool. The Apple Pencil works great with it, especially the Taper brush.
Being that this is an app I swear by and recommend to everyone, I do have only two main complaints.
In the original ArtStudio it was possible to make custom brushes. I used this to make grass, flower, and tree brushes that were VERY handy. ArtStudio Pro does not seem to offer the ability to make custom brushes, and I’ve had to hold off from doing landscapes unless I want to draw everything from scratch.
Secondly, resizing the canvas was much easier before, as you could choose the dimensions and then crop your art with a square that would encompass the area you wanted to keep. In ArtStudio Pro, there is no preview of the resized canvas, so it’s all guesswork on what dimensions to use and where to crop.
I paid more money for this so it doesn’t make sense it’d be missing things the old app got right. I will probably be using this app til the end of my days, so hopefully they can add these features in newer updates to make things a bit easier for those of us who enjoyed the other app too!
Developer Response ,
To create custom brush in Artstudio Pro first prepare black shape on white background, then tap File>Add Preset>Add Brush
Canvas resizing - we will improve that soon
Can you please add a lot of more stuff in art studio pro
Describe the problem / suggestion:
I love art studio pro
Dear lucky clan I have ideas to make art studio pro even better can you please add more options under the curves and add a option to go up to 100 mirrors in the symmetry and please add a option to change the shape of the color picker for example a triangle and a circle a hexagon there is no HSV sliders in the color picker please add it and please add a lot of more filters and please add a warp option in the transform and please add an option to customize the slider bars and the interface for example you can change the color of it please make the brush engine more powerful and please add an option for you can draw with 2 or more fingers and please add the edge option and crystals option and more options under the elastify filter and please add a online gallery and please add options for 3 finger swipe up 3 fingers swipe down 3 fingers swipe left 3 fingers swipe right and 3 fingers tap and 2 fingers tap in performance and please add define hot keys buttons please make art studio pro the most powerful drawing app in the word make it a lot closer to desk top photo shop please add a lot of more stuff that I did not think of
From tommy ❤️😘💕🙏😂🎉😍🥰😘😍🥰😚😝🤞🤞🤟🏼👩❤️💋👨👨❤️👨👩❤️👩👩❤️👨👨❤️💋👨👩❤️💋👩❤️🧡💛💙🤎🤍🖤💜❣️💕🤍💔☮️💟💝💘💖✝️💟♥️
This is literally photoshop, but better
I have NEVER left a review on an app before (and I’ve been an IOS user since the first ever iPod came out), but ArtStudio is just too good not to leave a review for. I’ve been using Photoshop on my PC for drawing, photo editing, and professional work for the past six years and when I finally got an iPad with Apple Pencil support I was really hoping Procreate or one of the numerous other drawing/editing apps would be able to replace the feel of PS. Unfortunately, even though Procreate is indeed an amazing drawing program, it still doesn’t really satisfy my need for the familiar feel of photoshop and drawing with photoshop brushes. ArtStudio Pro solved all my problems. It’s got everything you could need and MORE (I especially love their amazing smoothing/line weight algorithm and pressure customization). It’s basically Photoshop, but without having to pay the ridiculous Adobe subscription every month. The price for this app is perfect, in my opinion (and honestly it’s even a bit low, for all it’s able to accomplish) and I really want to give a huge thank you to everyone who worked on/is working on this app and updating it. You’ve saved me so much money and frustration. Hats of to you!
Developer Response ,
Data Not Linked to You
The following data may be collected but it is not linked to your identity:
- Usage Data
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- Sylwester Los
- 354.8 MB
- Graphics & Design
- Requires iOS 14.0 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 14.0 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 14.0 or later.
- Requires macOS 11.0 or later and a Mac with Apple M1 chip.
English, Russian, Simplified Chinese
- Age Rating
- © Sylwester Los
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.