Breed images like animals using math and art!
Create, view, and mix artwork without any brushes or traditional fine art skills. Psychedelic, abstract artwork can be generated in seconds with the touch of a finger. Design images using your style.
Artwork Evolution simulates evolution using images that can breed together to create new visual lifeforms. Each image contains digital DNA, which describes how to draw an image. Every time images are evolved or mutated the DNA is modified to vary the colors, structures, and forms.
• Evolve: Use genetic algorithms to create new images using fractal-like DNA
• Build: Mix abstract images together and build your art collection
• Save/Delete: Store and manage images in the My Saved Album for future breeding
• HD Wallpapers: Render high-resolution wallpapers
• Share: Email friends and family original artwork that you design
• ”Artwork Evolution is an app you’re going to get a real kick out of if you enjoy creating abstract art but don’t have any actual artistic skills. Whether you want to create art for art’s sake, or for iDevice wallpapers, you’ll be able to make something beautiful with this app. This app is really quite unique.” - AppAdvice.com
Contact support with feedback and questions: http://artworkevolution.com/contact/
Updated for iOS 11 and 64 bit
1. Streamlined the UI
2. Fixed bugs
Ratings and ReviewsSee All
Would be lots more useful if it really was a photography app, as advertised in AppsGoneFree. Needs to have the ability to import images, at least, and then it would be awesome.
Brilliant Curves and Gradients
Artwork Evolution is one of the best sources of luscious curves and gradients that I’ve found. The app uses mathematics to develop beautiful, abstract shapes based on an internal starting formula. You can gently guide the transformations by favoring characteristics you like, or you can take the progression in completely different directions. To maximize the image resolution, you can tell the app to generate a wallpaper, which adds another 10-15 seconds for the shaders to smooth out rough edges. You can then save a 2048 x 2048 PNG image to your Camera Roll and keep the formula for future iterations.
The images from the app are excellent on their own, but real creative possibilities emerge when I open them in other apps to change them even further. For example, I use an iPad app called Glitche’ to make surreal abstract art from the Artwork Evolution images. I also use the gradients and curves from Artwork Evolution to create 3D surfaces and terrains in programs like Photoshop and Howler.
Well done. Fun!
This app is pretty entertaining. It's fun to see what kind of crazy evolutions come from different parent images. Just make sure you read the app description and other reviews so you understand what the app does: you evolve different abstract artworks that are generated by the app. They are great for iPhone wallpapers, mousepads, wall art, etc. Neat!
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.