Aruna’s Adventure takes you on a nostalgic trip back to the early '90s action adventure games. It has a vibrant 8 bit pixel art style and an emphasis on action combat combined with exploration.
The player takes control of the blue haired heroine Aruna, who along with her guiding fairy is trying to stop the Dark Lord from infesting the lands with monsters.
Aruna explores the multiple landscapes of the world fighting monsters, finding secrets, entering dungeons and fighting bosses.
Main Game Features :
- Engaging fun combat: Aruna can dash, strike and use special weapon attacks.
- Over 400 handcrafted screens that stitch together into 3 Large overworld areas and 6 sprawling dungeons.
- Unique and challenging boss fights.
- Get coins from enemies and secret chests to buy new gear in the shops throughout the world.
- A classic retro story with wizards, fairies and a dark lord.
It may be retro style but we have modern conveniences :
- Autosaving, never lose any progress if you have to shut down quickly (however there is a penalty for death of course).
- Cloud syncing for save games.
- Controller support for both gameplay and menus.
- Game Center achievements.
- 120fps on supported devices.
Thanks for playing Aruna's Adventure, this a small update that adds better support for iPad keyboard controls.
- Press T to toggle on screen controls off.
- Press I to show inventory.
- Press P to see the options.
Ratings and ReviewsSee All
Great Zelda Adventure
Let me start off by saying that this is a fantastic game. Virtually everything one would want in an old school adventure. The ONLY reason I gave it 4 instead of 5 stars is the controls. I appreciate the controller support, but while out and about that is not practical. Maybe a floating d-pad, analog stick? Maybe it’s just me having trouble adjusting the the controls, but some options would be much appreciated.
Needs a serious coat of polish. The controls are occasionally unresponsive, I frequently get stuck in walls or rivers or teleport back Into rooms as I dash around. And though I understand the boomerang is kinda OP it's still pretty dumb as a one time use item especially since several enemies are out of reach with no way to get their item drops. Shops will occasionally empty their items after I buy one thing and I'm unable to purchase the other gear. "Towns" consist of 2 buildings. One of which can't be entered and the other has the same npc Sprite with nothing else. It's just a bland environment. "Secrets" are all the same, clear the screen of enemies and get stairs or a door to a 10g chest. Eventually you'll have a significant more amount of money than is necessary. So I'd recommend just skipping most fights since golf and health used immediately are the oy rewards. If this game was baked a bit more and had some attention to detail I would find it really charming. But the generic story, bland environment , terrible controls, and lack of items leave a lot to be desired.
Great for what it is
I’ve seen reviews that refer to lack of story and rough controls, but it provided hours of fun for $5(really, what else can you do that’s fun for hours for little more than the price of a coffee). Playing on a phone, I personally don’t want to read small text and just want to hack and slash my way to victory. Controls can be tricky, but in my opinion it was just enough to add to the difficulty of an otherwise easy game without any annoyance. I definitely recommend this game if you like old school Zelda type games(pared down hack & slash game with armor/weapon upgrades and grid maps but minimal questing) and you want to kill 2-4 hours. I thoroughly enjoyed it and would certainly buy a sequel. No stress, just fun...Nicely done!
Data Not Linked to You
The following data may be collected but it is not linked to your identity:
- Usage Data
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- James Swiney
- 23.4 MB
- Requires iOS 13.4 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 13.4 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 13.4 or later.
- Requires macOS 11 or later and a Mac with Apple M1 chip.
- Apple TV
- Requires tvOS 14.0 or later.
- Game Controller
- Age Rating
- 9+ Infrequent/Mild Cartoon or Fantasy Violence
- © James Swiney
Play this game with your favorite compatible controller.
Challenge friends and check leaderboards and achievements.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.