American Seminar Download Manager allows American Seminar users to download and save all registered CME and CE audio and video courses to their iOS devices. Saving audio and video files to your device allows you to access your courses without the need for internet or streaming feeds. Users will download files directly from the 'My Orders' page within your account area within the American Seminar website. Files will be saved on device memory for travel and offline viewing and listening. All files can be managed and removed as courses are completed.
Updated / New Logo
Ratings and Reviews
A nice first attempt
I used this app every day for a week, taking a full course (10 lectures, 20 credit hours).
The app gets excellent marks for ease of downloading of both the lecture material and PDF files. Downloading direct to the phone is a dream compared to downloading to a computer and syncing to the phone. Unfortunately, I'll go back to the old way for my next course.
I can only give it 2 stars overall when used on an iPhone6. Reasons:
1. You cannot turn off the screen and have the audio continue to play.
- When you push the phone's power button or when autolock turns off your screen every two minutes, the audio shuts off, too. (All my other audio programs except YouTube continue to play in both of those scenarios.)
2. You can turn off autolock to keep the screen active (settings/general/autolock/never), but then
3. The phone battery depletes even if plugged in unless the screen brightness is turned down. Two lectures finished the battery without the charger plugged in.
- The dim screen is dangerous if you are driving and listening to lectures. Daylight and dim screens do not mix when a call comes in.
4. With autolock turned off, the screen is always active and sensitive to touch. Putting the phone in your pocket or purse, picking it up the wrong way or accidentally touching the screen changes lectures. Switching back again starts you back at the beginning of the talk.
5. The accessory button on the headphones becomes nonfunctional when the ASI program is active. You can't start or stop the audio unless you use the power button or the screen controls.
I was able to conserve battery life to a manageable level by turning autolock on and off and fussing with screen brightness every time I used the app, but it was just too tedious.
Non functional app
App does not work at all. Would love to use it since I was planning on studying on my iPhone when I travel
- American Seminar Institute Inc.
- 22.3 MB
Requires iOS 7.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- Age Rating
- Rated 12+ for the following:
- Infrequent/Mild Medical/Treatment Information
- © 2015 American Seminar Institute
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.