Learn about Zen, Buddhism, Tao and the samurai spirit, from fundamental works of Eastern wisdom: Art of War, The Tao Teh King, Book of Five Rings, Gateless Gate, Confucian Analects and more rare masterpieces in a unique reader with a text-to-speech voice option.
SALE: $0.99 instead of $2.99 for a LIMITED time
"One of the best eastern philosophy compilations for iPhone/iPad by far. Such a great collection that could cost a lot of money but doesn't. If you are thinking about getting this then do it "
"Excellent beginning for understanding the culture."
"The best translations and most beautiful texts."
"A real gem for lovers of the Asian spiritual traditions!"
* "The Art of War" by Sun Tzu - the most famous strategy and military work in history
* "Book of Five Rings" by samurai warrior Miyamoto Musashi - a legendary classic on strategy and sword fighting written in the 17th century
* "The Tao Teh King" - or the Tao and Its Characteristics by Lao-Tse - fundamental to the Taoist school of Chinese philosophy, written cca 6th century BC
* "Confucian Analects" - a collection of sayings written down by Confucius' students in the period approximately seventy years after his death (ca. 479 BCE - 221 BCE), the representative work of Confucianism which continues to have a tremendous influence on East Asian thought and values
* "Zen for Americans" - Soyen Shaku - a book of essays by a zen buddhist who visited the United States at the beginning of 20th century, instructing the western reader to the basic concepts, principles and theories of Zen Buddhism.
* "Gateless Gate" - a fundamental Zen Buddhism work by the Chinese Zen master Wumen Hui-k'ai (Japanese: Mumon Ekai), published in 1228 and including 48 fundamental Chan(Zen) koans.
* "The Book of Tea" - Kakuzo Okakura (1906) - The aesthetics of the Japanese Tea Ceremony, and its connection to the Japanese world-view as a whole. An exotic and instructive work discussing Asian philosophies in the context of the famous Tea Ceremony.
* "Bushido - the Soul of Japan" by Inazo Nitobe
* "Manual of Zen Buddhism" by Daisetz Teitaro Suzuki
* "The Gospel of Buddha" by Paul Carus
This app has been updated by Apple to use the latest Apple signing certificate.
* Improved user interface
* Improved stability and compatibility with new iOS devices and versions
* Free text-to-speech voice option that turns the books into AUDIOBOOKS
Ratings and Reviews
The best ‘Analects’ app in the store
Disappointingly, there are only a small handful of apps that feature the Lunyu (AKA The Analects of Confucius) in the App Store, and this one is by far the best. Easy to read, search through, and save important passages. I regularly use it when I’m away from my hard copy. I just wish it had more Confucian classics
Reminds me of Lucas arts games
It's one of those games that comes along in years and you remember it for a lifetime, like monkey island,day of the tentacle and full throttle. I'll call him Randy the emotional robot.
User friendly 8/10
Game play 8/10
Graphics - 10/10
Music - 10/10
Originality - 10/10
I haven't figured out the storyline yet, I guess that's one of the best parts, the game unfolds with each puzzle you solve and gets challenging with ever evolving puzzles. Obviously it's one hell of an original idea. I don't have to repeat this but this game is essential for iPad owners. I can't answer as to why it's not released for ipad1.
Those guys who are having a challenging time if the game keeps shutting down or not loading, firstly, delete some apps you don't use, free up some space, let the iPad breathe. Secondly double tap the home button and shutdown the extra running apps. Frees up iPads mind to focus on running the game smoothly. Thirdly, update the game if there are or were any updates.
Fourthly, sit back and enjoy the game.
My best moment: the sad dude in the prison. Try talking to him :)
My best music part : telescope and watch room right before you step out into the open.
My best scene : clock tower area. I'd love to have a painting like that! Awesome awesome!
Pros : addictive, cheaper then the pc version.
Cons : challenging puzzle can eat up your good neurons.
A good weekend, some juice, a good headset:)
Just handy and clever!!!
I'm begining to recognize Alex's signature all over the AppStore. When I ran into a simple, useful and clean app I know it has to be from Alex. As usual this app is very easy to use. It has a frendly interface and it's very intuitive. Reading is very confortable and you have many useful instruments: bookmarks, jump from a chapter to another, and also you can set up the application to take you right where you left the reading. Clever huh? I have to admit that I'm not such a fan of reading in english but the collection is great and all the asian culture lovers will find in here all the representatives books!
It will become boring to add my congrats to Alex all over again. But the good work has to be apreciate alway. So, great work and I suggest to buy this collection also!
The developer, TEDRA SOFT SRL, has not provided details about its privacy practices and handling of data to Apple.
No Details Provided
The developer will be required to provide privacy details when they submit their next app update.
- TEDRA SOFT SRL
- 28.1 MB
- Requires iOS 9.1 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 9.1 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 9.1 or later.
- Requires macOS 11 or later and a Mac with Apple M1 chip.
- Age Rating
- © 2009-2017 Cognitive Bits
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.