Look up the ASL sign for words instantly - with this simple list of ASL signs.
Meant for english-users learning American Sign Language (ASL).
Signs are represented in Sutton SignWriting. SignWriting is read as if you're looking at a mirror.
- 10,187 Signs from the SignWriting database.
- Ability to search for signs by using Spotlight (simply swipe down from your Home-screen).
- Some signs may be outdated, or specific to a certain dialect of ASL.
- The app must be opened in order for results to start appearing in Spotlight.
Ratings and Reviews
Good App, But Needs Clearer Pictures
This app is pretty good considering it is free. You start with a blank page and get to the apps by searching for a particular one. It has multiple signs for each words, since many words have multiple meanings - this is fantastic!
But! My only problem is the pictures are not clear. They are weirdly drawn, not human, and do not clearly show how that particular sign is made. Please make the pictures better to understand, like a human doing the signs, because this is the best app I have come upon so far.
Please, please, please consider making the pictures clearer and easier to understand!
- Emerging Interactions
- 81.1 MB
Requires iOS 10.1 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- Age Rating
- Rated 12+ for the following:
- Infrequent/Mild Mature/Suggestive Themes
- Infrequent/Mild Sexual Content and Nudity
- © 2016 Typing Signs
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.