*Proudly used by Dillan for Autism Acceptance Month 2016 https://youtu.be/oMN2PeFama0*
Assistive Apps presents Assistive Express, an affordable Augmentative Alternative Communication (AAC) Device, catered to people with difficulty in speech. The biggest challenge for such users when using AAC devices is the number of key strokes or hits required to construct any sentences, which can take up a significant amount of time to have a decent conversation with anyone. To overcome this challenge, Assistive Express is designed to be simple and efficient, allowing users to express their views and thoughts at the most express manner, with natural sounding voices.
-Landscape and Portrait Modes to cater to different needs
-Word Prediction to minimize the keystrokes required
-Adaptive learning of new vocabulary into the word prediction list
- Favorites list for users to save commonly used sentences
-3 voices included for user to pick
-Adjustable volume and speed for voices
-Large font and buttons for easy access
-Recent list for quick access to previously spoken sentences
-Self-learning "next word" prediction
-Favorites can be reordered
-Share to Twitter, Facebook, Messages, Email etc.
-Font size is adjustable
-Prediction can be enabled/disabled
- *New* Only supports iOS8 and newer.
- *New* Added share capabilities on favorite and recent. Try to touch and hold any conversation on these pages to share and copy!
Assistive Express is currently only designed for the English Language.
updated for iOS 13.
Ratings and Reviews
Better than most options!
The app is pretty good, i like the voice quality and the options. Needs to support iOS built-in predictive text though!
Will it work for IOS 15
Let me know if you can update it please
Great app, worked great. Then 2 days after purchase stopped working with iPhone 3GS internal speaker. I found that if I had the ringer switch on the side of the phone in the off (don't ring) position it muted the app for the internal speaker. Now I know to have the ringer on if I want to use the app. I like this app better than any of the less expensive apps. But it needs a bigger starting vocabulary. Fortunately it learns new words.
Recently purchased ipad2, and this app works very well on it. I have ALS and cannot speak. This app on the ipad2 is allowing me to continue to communicate.
No Details Provided
The developer will be required to provide privacy details when they submit their next app update.
- Assistive Apps LLC
- 219.3 MB
- Requires iOS 13.0 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 13.0 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 13.0 or later.
- Requires macOS 11.0 or later and a Mac with Apple M1 chip.
- Age Rating
- © 2010 assistive apps
- In-App Purchases
- US English Female Voice Tracy $1.99
- US English Male Voice Will $1.99
- US English Male Voice Saul $1.99
- US English Female Voice Laura $1.99
- US English Child Voice Nelly $1.99
- US English Male Voice Micah $1.99
- US English Creature Voice $1.99
- British English Female Voice Lucy $1.99
- British English Male Voice Peter $1.99
- British English Female Voice Rachel $1.99