Astro Gold is the professional-level astrology iPhone and iPad app that you have been waiting for!
This app provides high quality software on a mobile device. Along with high precision calculations you can also read professional astrological interpretations. Astro Gold features Natal, Transit, Progression and Synastry interpretations, making astrology on-the-go even easier, as well as the option to store chart files in iCloud Drive which makes it possible to have the same chart files across multiple iOS devices, as well as the advanced macOS version of Astro Gold.
The app is clean, clear and precise, and uses the latest Swiss Ephemeris and ACS Atlas files.
If you love astrology and want a professional astrology app then look no further. If you are a user of the Solar Fire PC program then you can exchange chart files between this app and your Solar Fire program via email or iTunes file sharing.
• Cast new Natal charts
• Cast Solar Return charts
• Cast Lunar Return charts
• Cast Secondary Progressed charts
• Cast Solar Arc Directed charts
• Cast Relationship or Composite charts
• Save charts to file and open charts from file
• Charts may be saved either as local device files or to iCloud Drive
• Chart saved to iCloud Drive are automatically available to any other iOS device on which you install this app, as well as the advanced astrology macOS version of Astro Gold.
• Edit charts
• Re-open a recently used chart
• Import and export chart files via email or by iTunes File Sharing (not necessary if you use iCloud Drive)
• Chart files are fully compatible and interchangeable with AstroGold macOS version and "Solar Fire" desktop astrology program for PC
• Select either 1 chart or 2 charts at a time for display (single or synastry)
• Print charts or send chart images by email
• Zooming/panning display to view hi-res wheels and grids
• Single Chart Wheels
• Aspect grid with aspects of longitude and declination
• Synastry grids
• Basic chart details report
• Essential dignities report
• Chart aspects report (sorted by planet or by orb)
• Interpretations reports
• Transits listings with many customisable options, including
◦ time span
◦ transiting planet/s and radix planet/s
◦ enter/leave orb events
◦ planetary stations
◦ house ingresses
◦ sign ingresses
• Professional Reports - (PDF format, shareable - via in-app purchase)
◦ Birth Reports
◦ Predictive Reports (One Year)
◦ Relationship Reports
◦ Child Reports (Natal)
◦ Birthday Reports (Solar Return)
◦ Pet Reports
• Displayed chart points (43 points available)
• Aspected chart points
• Aspect set with editable aspect orbs, including different applying/separating orbs
• Wheel display options
◦ planet colors
◦ sign colors
◦ wheel styles (many supplied styles to choose from)
◦ dark/light background
◦ proportional houses on or off
◦ aspect lines & glyphs on or off
• Chart calculation options
◦ zodiac type (tropical or 7 different sidereal zodiacs including Fagan-Allen, Lahiri, DeLuce, Raman, UshaShashi, Krishnamurti and Djwhal Khul)
◦ house system (25+ systems available including Campanus, Koch, Meridian, Morinus, Placidus, Porphyry, Regiomontanus, Topocentric, Equal, Zero Aries, Solar Sign, Whole Sign, Bhava, Alcabitius, PF on 1st, Asc in 1st, Vertex on 7th, + Sun, Moon, Mercury, Venus, Mars, Jupiter, Saturn, Neptune, Pluto and Node on 1st.)
◦ lunar node type
◦ part of fortune type
◦ lunar parallax correction
◦ black moon type
◦ angle progressions type
• Your home location (for transits charts)
• Uses full ACS Atlas, with 250,000+ locations from around the world, and comprehensive world timezone history
• Uses Swiss Ephemeris for state of the art precision in astronomical calculations - ephemeris range 1200 BC to 2400 AD.
iOS Advanced Feature
• 3D Touch - invoke menu on app icon to cast a new chart, view current transits chart wheel or basic chart details report
* Optimised for latest iPad models
* Fixes crashes occurring on certain combinations of older devices and iOS versions
Ratings and Reviews
Overall Great App — please continue improvements
I’m very happy with this app and find myself using it moreso and moreso as primary astrology software.
PLEASE — when will the app finally be able to set the current or “home” location using GPS and GeoIp integration for mobile devices? Such a feature seems like a natural leverage of modern device capabilities for a modern astrology application.
Difficult to Use
One would think that the average user of this app would want to create a natal chart as the initial activity. Good luck trying to do that. The user is initially shown two transit charts for a location in Australia. It is not clear how to get rid of them, how to create a natal chart, or how to do anything useful. The only way I could find to create a natal chart was to save one of the transit charts then edit it as a natal chart. Next, I changed the default home location in settings. Then, after far too much time and effort, I got a proper natal chart with correct transits. While this program seems to have useful capabilities, the user interface is very poorly done. It appears to have never been tested with real users prior to release. With a complete interface redesign, it might be worthy of 4 stars. As is, Time Passages Pro is a better choice.
Best iOS Astrology App for Classical Astrologers
I am referring to the astrologers who use pre-twentieth century astrological references and techniques (not that classical astrologers ignore the developments after 1900). This app provides some nice options regarding what triplicity, face and decans one wants to use (Egyptian, Ptolemy, Lilly) and uses the traditional aspects (planetary aspects as opposed to the aspects themselves). The tables of essential dignities as well as other tables are very nice. I also have the Mac OS version. Kudos to the developers!
- Cosmic Apps Pty Ltd
- 56.4 MB
Requires iOS 10.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- © 2019 Ajnaware Pty Ltd
- In-App Purchases
- Birth Chart Report - Full $3.99
- Predictive Report - Full $3.99
- Relationship Report $3.99
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.