AstroGuider is a simple to use guiding application for your guider camera and telescope mount. It can be calibrated automatically or manually, you do not need to take care about camera orientation or pixel scale.
In this version the built-in INDIGO drivers support the following hardware:
- CCD simulator driver,
- Atik CCD driver (Intel only),
- ZWO ASI CCD and guider drivers (doesn't work with non-S ASI120MM/MC, Intel only),
- IIDC CCD driver (both USB and FireWire cameras),
- QHY CCD driver,
- SBIG CCD driver (vendor SDK must be installed, Intel only),
- Meade DSI CCD driver,
- Orion SSAG/QHY5 CCD driver,
- StarlightXpress CCD driver,
- Moravian Instruments CCD driver (Intel only),
- ToupTek CCD driver (Intel only),
- AltairAstro CCD driver (Intel only),
- UVC (USB Video Class, e.g. SVBONY SV205) CCD driver,
- CG-USB-ST4 driver,
- Shoestring GPUSB driver,
- LX200 mount driver (supports Meade, AvalonGo, Losmandy Gemini, 10micron, EQMac, Astro-Physics GTO and OnStep dialects),
- NexStar mount driver (supports Celestron and Skywatcher dialects),
- Takahashi Temma mount driver,
- iOptron Mount driver,
- SynScan/EQDir mount driver,
- ExploreScientific PCM8 mount controller driver,
- RainbowAstro mount driver.
but it can be used as a client to any remote or local INDIGO server with any supported cameras and mounts as well.
It does support single star centroid, multiple stars centroids, global centroid and DONUTS drift detection algorithms and uses proportional/integral controller to compensate the drift.
Even if it can be used separately, it is meant to be used together with AstroImager or AstroDSLR and AstroTelescope.
AstroGuider is a member of our astrophotography tools family including also AstroImager, AstroDSLR, AstroTelescope, FITS Preview, INDIGO Server for OS X, INDIGO Dashboard, INDIGO Control Panel, INDIGO Script Editor, Astrometry for OS X and INDIGO Sky linux distribution for RaspberryPi.
AstroGuider can now control both embedded and remote guider agent (e.g. on INDIGO Sky).
INDIGO framework updated to 2.0.150.
Graphical user interface is updated for Big Sur.
Native Apple Silicon M1 support (but some drivers are still Intel only and the application needs to be run in Rosetta 2 to use them).
Ratings and Reviews
Better then PHD2
Worth paying the extra as it has some better fetures and also is much easier to use. To many assential items are hiden and dificult to find in PHD2 while this program makes them easy to access.
Works Great and Integrates with Other Cloudmaker Software
This is my favorite guiding software. It is very easy to use and has some powerful features. I also like how it integrates with other Cloudmaker software. Plus, the multi-star guiding is fantastic!
works great to integrate with astroimager abd astrotelescope. does better for me than phd because it will stack 2-5 images for centroid measurement of the star for much more accurate tracking than phd2, that is alot less affected by seeing.
Data Not Collected
The developer does not collect any data from this app.
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- CloudMakers, s. r. o.
- 65.4 MB
- Photo & Video
- Requires macOS 10.12 or later.
- Age Rating
- © 2015-2021 CloudMakers, s. r. o.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.