AstroGuider is a simple to use guiding application for your guider camera and telescope mount. It can be calibrated semi-automatically or manually, you do not need to take care about camera orientation or pixel scale.
In this version the built-in INDIGO drivers support the following hardware:
- ATIK Titan Mono & Colour
- ATIK 3xx/4xx family cameras
- ATIK VS/Infinity
- ATIK Horizon
- Orion SSAG/QHY5
- Starlight Xpress camera (all USB 2.0 cameras)
- ZWO ASI USB 3.0 camera (ASI SDK 2)
- AltairAstro cameras
- ToupTek cameras
- Moravian Instruments cameras,
- USB or firewire IIDC compatible camera (including AtikGP)
- QHY camera (QHY SDK 1.1.0, experimental code only)
- Meade DSI camera (experimental code only)
- LX200 compatible mount (Meade, etc.)
- NexStar compatible mount (Celestron, Skywatcher, Orion, etc.)
- Takahashi Temma mount,
- SynScan mount with EQDir device,
- iOptron mount,
- ZWO ASI USB-ST4 guider,
- CGUSBST4 guider,
- GPUSB guider,
- EQDir compatible mount controlled over EQMac.
but it can be used as a client to any remote or local INDIGO or INDI server with any supported cameras and mounts as well.
Application can be used separately, but it is integrated with AstroImager (it can initiate random kick to allow dithering and suspend guiding during image download) and AstroTelescope (guiding is automatically stopped, if telescope is slewed or parked). Application communicates over INDIGO protocol and it can be used to integrate with any INDIGO or INDI 3rd party tool as well.
INDIGO framework updated to 2.0.88.
Ratings and Reviews
works great to integrate with astroimager abd astrotelescope. does better for me than phd because it will stack 2-5 images for centroid measurement of the star for much more accurate tracking than phd2, that is alot less affected by seeing.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.