AstroTelescope is a simple planetarium application for the astrophotography.
The star map can be displayed in any scale and rotated by any angle, with selectable star density and with or without star names. Hipparcos Catalogue and selected NGC and IC DSO object are available from the application locally, but any object can be searched online by calling public SIMBAD service on Strasbourg Astronomical Data Center.
An application can control connected mount both by selecting object on the star map or manually, mount position can be synced automatically from solved image in AstroImager application. AstroTelescope is now also integrated with AstroGuider.
Its built-in drivers support many mount controller protocols both over serial line and TCP or UDP. Application can be used as a client to any remote or local INDIGO or INDI server with any supported telescope mount.
A supported dome can be synced to the controlled telescope mount and observatory position can be read from external GPS. The mount can be controlled with joystick.
The following devices can be controlled from the application:
- GPS and dome simulator drivers,
- PegasusAstro DMFC, UPB, PPB and FlatMaster drivers,
- Baader Planetarium Classic dome driver,
- Lunatico Limpet/Armadillo/Platypus Powerbox drivers,
- LX200 mount driver (supports Meade, AvalonGo, Losmandy Gemini, 10micron, EQMac, Astro-Physics GTO and OnStep dialects),
- NexStar mount driver (supports Celestron and Skywatcher dialects),
- Takahashi Temma mount driver,
- iOptron Mount driver,
- SynScan/EQDir mount driver,
- ExploreScientific PCM8 mount controller driver,
- RainbowAstro mount driver,
- NexStarAUX mount driver,
- Generic NMEA 0183 GPS driver,
- GPS Service Daemon (GPSD) client driver,
- HID Joystick driver,
- Unihedron SQM sky quality meter driver,
- Artesky flatbox driver,
- Lacerta Flat Box Controller driver,
- Optec Flip-Flat driver,
- USB_Dewpoint V1 and V2 driver,
- Lunatico AAG CloudWatcher driver,
- Lunatico Astronomia Dragonfly Dome and Relay controller drivers,
- Astromi.ch MGBox v1/v2, MBox, MGPBox and PBox driver,
- NexDome Dome driver (based on G.Rozema's firmware),
- NexDome Dome driver (requires firmware v.3.0.0 or newer).
- INDIGO framework updated to 2.0_136,
- Application integration bug fixed,
- RainbowAstro mount driver added,
- NexStarAUX mount driver added.
Ratings and ReviewsSee All
I purchased AstroTelescope (pus AstroGuider and AstroDSLR) for my Meade LX90, StarShoot Autoguider and Canon 450D). This was necessary since my older program is not being upgraded to 64 bit and will soon not work on my MBP. While not as full featured as my older app, the INDIGO open architecture seems to work well to fill in the holes. It has a relatively steep learning curve, especially since there is no comprehensive manual available, but not as steep as other astro programs. What stands out though is the great support from the developer. I was affected by a bug in the driver and he put a lot into solving it, working with me in a friendly and helpful way. That alone is enough to make me recommend the apps without reservation. I am deducting one star mainly due to the lack of documentation, although the developer's responses to questions helps a lot..
this is a great little app when used with the other astroimaging suite. as a stand alone app nothing special for sure. used with astroimager and astroguider it works great to control the telescope and use astrometry for accurate slews to targets.
Don’t waste your money on this app. The star map is totally unusable. The fonts are so tiny as to be unreadible, and the background for the star map cannot be changed. it is dark grey on slightly lighter grey, and you cannot zoom the fonts for the labels at all. I contacted the developer, and got lip service about how they chose to use the standard OSX presentation space. Bad choice, virtually no support. That said, the other apps appear much better, but still buggy and crashes often. Definitely a work in progress.
Data Not Collected
The developer does not collect any data from this app.
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- CloudMakers, s. r. o.
- 22.7 MB
- Requires macOS 10.12 or later.
- Age Rating
- © 2015-2020 CloudMakers, s. r. o.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.