Peace of Mind Just Got A Lot Easier
AT&T Secure Family Companion™ is a free companion application for installation on your child’s device. Secure Family Companion is designed to work with the AT&T Secure Family™ parent App.
Features enabled by installing and pairing the Secure Family Companion
* Locate Family – Track your child on demand or on a regular schedule, for example every day after school
* Location Alerts - Receive alerts when your child enters or leaves a location, like school or practice.
* Location History - Review where your child has been over the previous seven days.
* Limit Screen Time – Block your child’s mobile data and Wi-Fi, on demand or on a schedule you choose.
* Content Filters – Block inappropriate Apps and websites by age or customize your own settings.
AT&T Secure Family App
AT&T Secure Family Companion is free and only works with the purchase of AT&T Secure Family, available in the App Store for $7.99/month (includes up to 10 lines)
AT&T Wireless customers – pairing the AT&T Secure Family Companion is recommended to get all the features of Secure Family. If you do not pair a companion device, features are limited to AT&T network-based location, scheduled location alerts and location history.
AT&T PREPAID wireless customers and customers of other wireless carriers – pairing the AT&T Secure Family Companion on the child device is required to use any of the Secure Family features
Other important information about AT&T Secure Family:
- Secure Family Companion is a free App but it requires pairing with another phone that has the AT&T Secure Family app installed, which requires a monthly payment. See AT&T Secure Family for details of payment and cancellation.
- To view, modify or cancel your subscription, go to account settings in iTunes. No cancellation of the current month’s subscription is allowed. No refunds or credits for partial subscription terms.
- There is a compatibility conflict that can prevent the addition of AT&T Secure Family Companion to your child’s device if you have AT&T Mobile Security Plus running on the same companion device. If you wish to continue with the purchase, you must either remove AT&T Mobile Security Plus from your account or downgrade to AT&T Mobile Security Basic on the companion device before adding AT&T Secure Family Companion.
- AT&T Postpaid Wireless customers - Secure Family and Secure Family Companion app users must be on the same account. Only authorized app users have permission to locate a family member.
- Devices running the Secure Family App or Secure Family Companion App require iOS v.10 or higher.
- Note: Continued use of GPS running in the background can dramatically reduce battery life.
This release makes AT&T Secure Family Companion available to AT&T PREPAID customers, and customers of other US wireless carriers including Cricket, Verizon, T-Mobile, and Sprint. Includes support for iOS 13 Location Permissions update.
Ratings and Reviews
This is a truly great piece of art that can be easily deleted off of ones cellular device I recommend getting this app for a nice joke or prank on one of your kids because they will probably end up laughing at it and deleting the app entirely. The functions of this app are not entirely functional such as the location tracker sometimes this feature is so off that you can end up states away from your child or whom ever it is that your paired with. Keep in mind that this app might screw with your WiFi so you might not want to connect to your WiFi wile using this app. If there are any kids reading this trying to stay up simply hold down on the app and delete the app. What this will do is it will make your parents or whoever is paired with you extremely mad at you. Don’t worry though now that the app isn’t on your phone you can do whatever you want. Now to the parents that use this app. One easy fix to every problem one could have with this app simply find another app. This might seem hard but it will be worth it.
This app was literally the most up surd thing my mom has made me do so far with my phone. It slowed my WiFi down to a crawl not only for this phone but for every other devise in the house. I let my mom know this and she thought I was being “ridiculous” I also let her know I am now 16 a multi sport athlete and have good grades and I don’t like being stalked and I don’t want random hacking it and seeing we’re I am on plant earth. This app eventual made my WiFi so bad that I just cut out completely at some points that I had enough and deleted it laughed at it and thought who is actually this stupid to put there kid through this. Don’t get me wrong I love my mom she’s not a witch it’s just she needs to loosen up I’m 16 for crying out loud I’m done being babyed I have a life I don’t have time to be stupid and I’m not a bad kid I don’t get what this app was for. I just hate the feeling of being stalked (also with this app you have to delete the manger thing in settings).
I needed this so bad to control my 13 year old's excessive usage of nearly all my mobile data each month. I signed up for the trial via a phone rep. Downloaded and set up Secure Family on my phone, which I had no problems with.
But the Companion app on her phone won't pair her phone with mine. I've been trying for 2 days now. I don't know what is wrong with the Companion app, but I'm so fed up with trying to merely pair the two phones (my XS Max with her XR), I am waiting on hold to just cancel the trial. This much trouble right off the bat, isn't even worth a free trial.
I'll check back when AT&T revises the app.
- AT&T Services, Inc.
- 167.9 MB
Requires iOS 10.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- This app may use your location even when it isn't open, which can decrease battery life.
- © 2019 AT&T Intellectual Property Inc.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.